We simply weren't good enough on defense to overcome the usual horrid officiating. (1 Viewer)

I must be in the minority but I thought the officiating was the fairest I’ve seen in weeks. Blaming the officials for this game seems kinda weak sauce. Our Defense on the other hand, they got some splainin to do. DA, I’m looking at you.

we may have put up 2012 and 15 type defensive performances a couple of times this year but thank God that doesn't make us those teams. When healthy this defense has played really well this year. Really well. Those defenses were incapable of playing well.

I thought it was amazing that the San Fran FB was able to come back in the game... His acting performance on the “illegal hit” from CJGJ was Oscar worthy! He looked like his career was in jeopardy!
This exactly. I knew this was an acting job when it happened. Refs only threw the flag AFTER he grabbed his head facing his injury.

Honestly, I was not upset with the officiating today. The hold on the fake punt was really the only head-scratcher to me, but other than that, it seemed like a fairly called game overall.

I must be in the minority but I thought the officiating was the fairest I’ve seen in weeks. Blaming the officials for this game seems kinda weak sauce. Our Defense on the other hand, they got some splainin to do. DA, I’m looking at you.

Although I kind of agree with you, it’s really sad when it’s the best week and we only got screwed over a couple of times.

Also, what is CJGJ supposed to do? He went low to make the play and the FB went low to make the catch, before his Oscar worthy performance that is....

Sorry, but the rule is VERY CLEAR on that, and the call was correct. The rule prohibits a player from "forcibly hitting the defenseless player's head or neck area with the helmet, facemask, forearm, or shoulder, even if the initial contact is lower than the player's neck, and regardless of whether the defensive player also uses his arms to tackle the defenseless player by encircling or grasping him."

CJGJ hit the 49er player in the head with his shoulder. It sucks, but the rule clearly defines that contact as prohibited, and doesn't make an exception for going low and the offensive player also going low. Note 1 states "A player who initiates contact against a defenseless opponent is responsible for avoiding an illegal act."

And unfortunately I don't see any way possible for this team to make it to a Superbowl this year...simply because of officiating. We are fools to think that if we make it to the Championship game or even the Superbowl, there won't be at least 1 or 2 game changing bogus calls to go against us.

Sorry, but the rule is VERY CLEAR on that, and the call was correct. The rule prohibits a player from "forcibly hitting the defenseless player's head or neck area with the helmet, facemask, forearm, or shoulder, even if the initial contact is lower than the player's neck, and regardless of whether the defensive player also uses his arms to tackle the defenseless player by encircling or grasping him."

CJGJ hit the 49er player in the head with his shoulder. It sucks, but the rule clearly defines that contact as prohibited, and doesn't make an exception for going low and the offensive player also going low. Note 1 states "A player who initiates contact against a defenseless opponent is responsible for avoiding an illegal act."

Honestly, it looked to me that he hit his head with his chest. It certainly wasn’t the top of his shoulder like you typically see when players launch themselves. By the way the announcers were talking, they made it seem that if you hit someone in the head with any body part, it’s a penalty.

I must be in the minority but I thought the officiating was the fairest I’ve seen in weeks. Blaming the officials for this game seems kinda weak sauce.
And Gary Coleman is the tallest little person I've ever seen, but...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom