We simply weren't good enough on defense to overcome the usual horrid officiating. (1 Viewer)

[Well QUOTE="RKNSaint, post: 7851015, member: 45526"]
I thought it was one of the better officiated games. A few I wish were called and a few I wish weren't called but I don't think we can hang this loss on officiating. The long pass to Sanders should have never happened but it was clever and subtle pass interference by Sanders. The one personal foul on our Defense helped them but that's the rules these days. No, can't hang this one on the officials. To do so makes us look like little whiners.
[/QUOTE]
Well, you are right. After yallz 28 to 3 last season with rams, that's all the football world was hearing. Media will turn on anyone fast.

Well, I understand the anger. How do you think I feel in the superbowl? funny, they changed the overtime rules that year. Smh
Yea, they changed PI to be review able and challenge-able after their blunder last year. Oct 11 the challenges on PI was 1-21 on blatantly obvious PI. Week 12 it was 15 of 77. The league is a joke.

There was not a penalty on the fake punt. The rule is straight forward & it was explained ad naseum on the TV & radio. The bad call was the 15 yard roughing penalty on the 3rd down. The was a bull call. You want to see bad officiating watch the NE/KS game. The officiating has been awful.
The explanation on TV was a red herring. Yes in OBVIOUS punting situations that is the call on pi. Our punter was not on the field. Our QB was on the field. Our QB does not punt. I’m sorry that SP was more innovative than both the Niners and the corrupt officials.

Then the obvious holding. They call holding on 90% of punts. The guy was clearly holding. Don’t come on here and defend the officials. I’ll buy into bad defense. I’ll buy into SP getting too cute. But this has become a pattern here that is obvious. Greenie or whatever his name is going insane this morning because the Pats got hosed for once. As someone else said. Welcome to my world

We lost the game for three reasons. The 2 main ones were AJ Klein and Kiko Alonzo being out with injuries. That's why we were always out of position on D and the Niners were running free in the secondary. The third was the loss of Jared Cook during the game. We're a better team than the Niners when we're at full strength.

Defense was bad. Officiating wasn't. They had way more penalties than we did.
I agree. I thought that the refs called it pretty light -- aside from the 4th quarter TD drive for the Niners.

Our defense was a deer in headlights in the first half. It was bizarre. They looked like they'd never seen anything like what the Niners were doing.

Extremely interesting how Saints fans seem to ignore missed holding calls on our DLINE in the beginning of the game, block in the back on Thomas' big play, ticky tack calls on Sherman etc.

End of the day you didn't lose because of the refs, you lost because the 49ers wanted it more - while having Kwon, Dee Ford, Tartt, Trent Taylor, out for all or most of the game. Including our center out for the final drives.

You probably didn't notice Cook was abusing our back up saftey and 4th string linebacker.

We also did it in YOUR house when YOU had extra rest in a BIG game for BOTH teams.

Blaming this loss on the refs and injuries is unbecoming. If we meet again, don't expect to be running up and down the field.

Read all the pages of responses and no one mentioned how many times you see a replay and Cam Jordan is bear-hugged with no holding flags on the play. Saints surely would have had an OPI on the SF 75 TD, if that the teams were reversed.

Officiating did not matter, Saints had every opportunity to win the game at the end and came up short. As soon as Smith ran in for the last TD I had a pretty good idea SF was going to win. With a game like this, you can't leave a minute on the clock for the other to score. We really needed to stay in bounds and down it at the 1. You even saw Smith hesitate to go into the endzone because he didn't want to score that early. Some will say that maybe the TD doesn't happen if you do score then, but the odds say you do. Secondly, what was that 2 pt conversion play? Why was Hill not in at QB for that play? Then the horrible tackling on the 4th and 2. It was a great game, and the Saints had every chance and opportunity to win it. It just didn't work out.

Extremely interesting how Saints fans seem to ignore missed holding calls on our DLINE in the beginning of the game, block in the back on Thomas' big play, ticky tack calls on Sherman etc.

End of the day you didn't lose because of the refs, you lost because the 49ers wanted it more - while having Kwon, Dee Ford, Tartt, Trent Taylor, out for all or most of the game. Including our center out for the final drives.

You probably didn't notice Cook was abusing our back up saftey and 4th string linebacker.

We also did it in YOUR house when YOU had extra rest in a BIG game for BOTH teams.

Blaming this loss on the refs and injuries is unbecoming. If we meet again, don't expect to be running up and down the field.
Dude, we are clearly the better team. You were missing players? What about the Saints?

Alex Anzalone (Starter)
Andrus Peat (Starter)
A J Klein (Starter)
Jared Cook (Starter)
Zach Line (Starter)
Kaden Ellis
Keith Kirkwood

These are all either starters, or key backups. Don't even come to our site talking the old Whiner crap of the 80's and 90's. Ya'll were whiners back then, and you are whiners now.

You didn't win the game because you have the better team. You won it because we made a few key mistakes in the game that cost us. This doesn't even include the no call of holding on the Fake Punt.

You can't blame the refs every time we don't play perfect or don't win.... it's getting old.

We know the refs are bad and call things inconsistently from game to game... this a NFL-Wide problem, and I see it in every game in every week... the Saints are not alone in this...

That said... We didn't flagged for a single penalty in the first half... we were up 20-7 at one point... We scored 46 points (at home).... We faked a punt on 4th and 18, with no punter on the field.... we went for 2 point conversions (twice when there was no need) and failed... we scored the go-ahead points (aided by a defensive PI call on the 49ers to extend the drive) with less than a minute to play... We lost by 2 points with no time on the clock...

You need to have your head examined if your are crying "refs" today... we got beat because our Secondary got roasted and our coaches got out-play-called... that is all.

Last edited:
At this point, we know the refs will be bad every week. We can't control that. We can control our own sloppiness and we're not doing that. A friend who was at the game said 49ers WRs were running wide open on every play in the 1st half and it looked even worse in person than it would've on TV.
Those are high draft DB's with some expecting big paydays next year. 2-3 of those DB's will be on other teams next year. But our coaches have failed to develop this talented group of DB's. It goes without saying performances like yesterday by the defense is not indicative of good coaching.

3rd & 5 at SF 24
(1:05 - 4th) (Shotgun) D.Brees pass incomplete short right to T.Smith. PENALTY on SF-E.Moseley, Defensive Pass Interference, 6 yards, enforced at SF 24 - No Play.

1st & 10 at SF 18
(0:53 - 4th) Tre'Quan Smith Pass From Drew Brees for 18 Yrds TWO-POINT CONVERSION ATTEMPT. D.Brees pass to T.Smith is incomplete. ATTEMPT FAILS. Brees' pass was incomplete.

The officials literally gifted us a PI call that gave us a 1st down with 1:05 left... very next play we scored.... with less than a minute...

This is the very thing that is complained about weekly when it happens to us and everyone cries "bias refs"...

We got the call this week... we still lost because our defense couldn't stop the 1 guy that could beat us in that situation (Kittle was thrown at 3 of the 4 plays on the 49ers game winning last drive)...

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom