We simply weren't good enough on defense to overcome the usual horrid officiating. (1 Viewer)

3rd & 5 at SF 24
(1:05 - 4th) (Shotgun) D.Brees pass incomplete short right to T.Smith. PENALTY on SF-E.Moseley, Defensive Pass Interference, 6 yards, enforced at SF 24 - No Play.

1st & 10 at SF 18
(0:53 - 4th) Tre'Quan Smith Pass From Drew Brees for 18 Yrds TWO-POINT CONVERSION ATTEMPT. D.Brees pass to T.Smith is incomplete. ATTEMPT FAILS. Brees' pass was incomplete.

The officials literally gifted us a PI call that gave us a 1st down with 1:05 left... very next play we scored.... with less than a minute...

This is the very thing that is complained about weekly when it happens to us and everyone cries "bias refs"...

We got the call this week... we still lost because our defense couldn't stop the 1 guy that could beat us in that situation (Kittle was thrown at 3 of the 4 plays on the 49ers game winning last drive)...

I wouldn’t call that PI a gift. Smith was clearly hooked trying to get back to the ball. As for the bad calls on us, people are really only focused on three calls, which unfortunately is a very low number compared to previous games this season. The most egregious was the clear hold on the jersey the entire route on the fake punt. Would’ve given us an automatic 1st with a chance for at least 3 points. Everyone was focused on PI but Payton was clearly pleading for holding. The refs felt the need to announce there could be no PI on a punt as if the contact would’ve warranted a call if it had not been a fake punt, so why didn’t the contact warrant holding? I was amazed. The other two calls are highlighted because of what has been happening to the Saints this season at a rate way outside the statistical norm. Penalties giving opponents first on 3rd down plays. Both calls in yesterday’s game happened on the same drive and both were needed for the resulting TD. A ticky tack hold when we sacked them on 3rd and a hit to the helmet when we again stopped them on 3rd later in the drive. The defender was going for the wrap up tackle with his head up and the 49ers’ helmet went into the chest of the defender as he was falling down. Now I thought the defender had to lead with the helmet or shoulder to get the penalty, but maybe I’m wrong. I don’t think there’s room to complain about much else, but those 3 calls alone likely took at least 3 points from the Saints and directly gave 7 to the 49ers. A huge difference in a close game like this. Were there other reasons the Saints lost? Absolutely. But it shouldn’t be said that the refs didn’t hurt the Saints simply because they called more penalties on the 49ers. Many of those penalties were clear false starts that had to be called anyway.

Yea, they changed PI to be review able and challenge-able after their blunder last year. Oct 11 the challenges on PI was 1-21 on blatantly obvious PI. Week 12 it was 15 of 77. The league is a joke.
Tell me about it bubba. It aint like it use to be for sure. I honestly believe as fans, we're about 2 years off from pure flag football lol.

I have a pretty serious disdain for the refs and the NFL in general, to the point I do weird sh***t like only buy bootleg merchandise and make sure to widely publicize any illegal stream of NFL games to ensure that nobody ever has to pay for league pass.

With that said, I can't even blame this game on the refs. They simply failed to adequately cover the most dominant tight end in the game at the most key moment. That's it.

We just need to handle business moving forward and we'll be okay. The refs have been publicly put on blast as having a huge bias against the Saints, to the point it's made national level articles over the past week. I expect them to tone down there blatant bias *slightly*.

I absolutely thought that in the first half. I even texted several friends and said this is the least penalized game I have seen all year. But then that one sustained drive had 1 really questionable call on it along with a semi-questionable call. I just want to go one game without a questionable call sustaining an opponent's scoring drive.

I absolutely thought that in the first half. I even texted several friends and said this is the least penalized game I have seen all year. But then that one sustained drive had 1 really questionable call on it along with a semi-questionable call. I just want to go one game without a questionable call sustaining an opponent's scoring drive.

That would be nice.

You guys are incredible, those who say that we lost because of our mistakes. Did we make mistakes? Sure, tons of. But, even accounting for that, the correct outcome of the game was 41-46 or 34-46, depending on if SF would score after the ridiculous PI by Sanders. The other score missing was on the non existent personal foul that extended their dead drive.
So these are the facts. We should have won on the field, or probably crushed the niners 34-46. Facts. Period.
After that and only after that, you can talk about our mistakes and how we can get better.

Note: if those were random errors by the refs, you could get over it and think that errors compensate each other over 16 games. But this year, good grief, we had zero big mistakes in our favour, and tons against. Texans, Rams, Atlanta, Tampa, Carolina and SF were absurdly officiated games, that’s 6 out of 13. And not a single egregious mistake on our side! Statistically speaking, this is very puzzling.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom