We Travel To Seattle Agaaaiiin?!! (1 Viewer)

i dont understand how ppl constantly complain about the teams we play or where they're played. minus a random london game missing a home game or something. but these things are basically set every year. minus whoever finishes the same in their divisions for the previous year.

only thing the scheduling system does is the weeks they are played. but there are so many things that go into that i'd find it hard to believe the nfl can make it more difficult on teams on purpose. i know we like to believe it.
Right.
It's only the scheduling/placements of a Thursday Night game that could possibly be construed as having the cards stacked against you. Everything else is already predetermined by the yearly opponent rotations and how you finished the previous year.

Some will complain when we're scheduled for an outdoor stadium in December. But even the players will assert that the conditions are the same for both teams. It's not the 'factor' that the media makes it out to be. It's more a matter of just the typical disadvantages of playing any other road game.

it kills me when NFL fans don't understand the schedule and out home/away opponents and formula.... you can literally see who we are playing (beside 2 teams /same place finisher from 2 divisions) already.... google is your friend. Its all one huge formula.

Whose in charge of NFL scheduling because this don’t make no sense. Why in the world it seems like we always have to play those guys in SEATTLE!!! I know we played them in the Dome I think 2016 but Geesh!! Come on man

My biggest issue is that every time we play them it seems like we are dinged up in major areas and pretty much have lost the game before they even take the field. 1st playoff game...on our 8th running back. 2nd playoff game...missing 5 or 6 secondary guys. This time is is Drew.

Maybe we should have purposely finished in 2nd place in 2017 instead of winning the division in order to placate these folks that are so peeved that we always play in Seattle. If we had done so, we would have finally gotten to play the Seahawks in the dome in 2018 and then we can finally stop hearing this constant whining over nothing.

My biggest issue is that every time we play them it seems like we are dinged up in major areas and pretty much have lost the game before they even take the field. 1st playoff game...on our 8th running back. 2nd playoff game...missing 5 or 6 secondary guys. This time is is Drew.
I agree. In the NFL, it's more about WHEN you play a team rather than which team you play.

For example, the last time Seattle had to travel to New Orleans was in 2016. The week before, Seattle and Arizona played to a grueling 6-6 tie in Arizona. I believe that it was the last tie game in the NFL to play the full 15-minute OT period. Seattle's defense played the equivalent of 1.25 games, and then had to travel back home and then to NOLA. And... the Saints won when they were the underdogs.

This time, no Drew... so this time Seattle has the advantage of timing.

And to top that....there are fans that complain about having to travel to your timezone too. I did the game in 16 when we came down there and lost. Still went to the quarter and drowned my sorrows. Wore my Seahawks stuff and had a grand old time. We were concerned about the Pitty game as it was in their stadium and the timezone difference and our own team's footing. Saw that they had people with covers over the team as they were seated waiting for the next round going in offense and defense. Both teams had to endure 80s heat with high humidity/muggy weather. It was not the hundreds like in san diego that one year...but probably felt like it. Just another thought from a fan from the other side of the country. I did like our game there. It was fun.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom