We were a top 10 team through 3 quarters yesterday (1 Viewer)

Krodwhodat

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Not worried about the O at all. Ingram ran hard and our pass game was on point. If we had one time out left we win that game. I did notice between watching the Cowboys game yesterday that the refs in our game weren't getting the ball set quick enough on that last drive. Still our fault.

On the D side take away the 75 yard run and we gave up under 100 yards rushing. The D got tired and it showed. I also noticed and it was mentioned on tv that the saints went from press man to cover 2 when the saints went up 24-10. That to me may have been the big issue. Took KV out the box and dropped LBs into more coverage it seemed which opened up holes in the line. Adjustments will be made this week and I'm still excited about this season.
The important thing now with the CB situation is finding a way to get pressure with 4. The Giants o line is their weakness and we have got to take advantage and get Eli uncomfortable. He can make mistakes.

Finally if you want to really see the telling factor? Turnovers.
Saints - 0 = no points
Raiders - 1 = 3 pts
Raiders win by 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And then we weren't. This is very reminiscent of 2012 when it seemed like we lost all of our games in the 4th quarter. Only this time we don't have Payton not being on the sideline to justify the mental collapse. Bottom line is We have bargain basement D talent and this is the result of that.

And then we weren't. This is very reminiscent of 2012 when it seemed like we lost all of our games in the 4th quarter. Only this time we don't have Payton not being on the sideline to justify the mental collapse. Bottom line is We have bargain basement D talent and this is the result of that.

I think we have an average D that lost its top CB yesterday late in the game and it 1st round draft pick that was the best pass rushing DT in the draft. This team will get better on D each week and if we can win more than we lose, when we get Rankins a Breaux back we will be in position to make a run. Three young talented CBs played yesterday that have never been on a field with that much talent for 4 quarters. The game will start to slow down and they will improve.

cool now we just have to find a league that only plays 3 quarters and we're champs again.

I think we have bargain basement defensive coaching, I truly believe the talent is good but not great. Competent coaching would get much more out of them. Just my ¢.02.

And then 40 broke his leg.

This was the turning point of the game and probably the season because I don't think we win enough games before he comes back to.save the season. When I saw Breaux limp off I turned to my buddy and said "game over and we're not on the winning side." Sure enough

Breaux is probably the worst injury to suffer minus Brees.. No joke. Crabtree didn't catch a ball until Breaux was out

Yeah, but the OP as right. They went away from press coverage. This honestly has been the most annoying thing about this team last couple of years. Payton's teams get up in the third and he goes into the defense going into zone to eliminate big plays. The offense goes conservative and stops scoring. They acted like they had the game won in the third. The defense isn't that good to do that, and other teams aren't scared anymore.

Yeah, but the OP as right. They went away from press coverage. This honestly has been the most annoying thing about this team last couple of years. Payton's teams get up in the third and he goes into the defense going into zone to eliminate big plays. The offense goes conservative and stops scoring. They acted like they had the game won in the third. The defense isn't that good to do that, and other teams aren't scared anymore.

Reminds me of the 80s when we would go prevent defense "prevent us from winning"

Well things got bad when 40 broke a bone, but what's the excuse for a rookie RB looking like Hershel Walker on that big run? Just a basic running play up the gut.

Well things got bad when 40 broke a bone, but what's the excuse for a rookie RB looking like Hershel Walker on that big run? Just a basic running play up the gut.

Cover 2

I can see giving Byrd a couple of games to determine if he can get back to his borderline all-Pro status from three years ago.

But my highly-paid FS needs to not whiff on a tackle and let that guy run 75 yards down the field. That play, maybe more than any other one (including the PI call), cost us the game.

Byrd's going to be 30 next month. If he's not playing like a solid starting FS by then, I better freakin' see Vonn Bell out there. Future is now.

Unfortunately NFL games are 4 quarters long and the reason for the first three quarters isn't coming back until the season is just about decided.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom