we were killing them on the left side of our Oline (1 Viewer)

I am kinda glad we didn't stick with Hamilton, and went with Thomas instead...

I've got a STRONG feeling that Hamilton is going to turn out to be one monster of a back.

A little spit and polish and some experience, and watch this guy bruise up some D's.

Also another thing to keep in mind is that he went againts the BEST CENTER THis DECADE in Kevin Mawae. That is something that people really have talked about. That is what worries me. This guy when motivated is one of the best at what he does.

Mawae is also ancient. He no longer plays at a Pro Bowl level.

I've got a STRONG feeling that Hamilton is going to turn out to be one monster of a back.

A little spit and polish and some experience, and watch this guy bruise up some D's.

no offense, but your sig is SUPER AGGRAVATING

we really didn't show any faith in lynell at all IMHO.

this was LHs first regular season game, and i think Payton tends to look at that kinda of thing as a warm up or tester. He wasn't going to let him carry the load. That's just Payton's style, LH has to build up to it.

actually i think he showed faith in LH as 'the hammer'. he was purposely put in for 3rd and short run downs - highly important possession downs.

i'm not. at this point hamilton is still an unknown because we didn't give him an opportunity.

i can't really say that i am happy or sad about it. just mildly disappointed.

if we are beating the jets by two scores with 4 minutes left, i expect us to get a glimpse of him in spot duty in those situations for the staff to get a feel for what he brings to the table. otherwise, i only see him coming in for a snap or two in relief of PT or reggie.
Hamilton didnt pick up the blitz well, a reason why we saw some extra pressure

I think people are discounting the fact that the Bills were wearing down in the second half, which explains the holes that PT had. I think it had less to do with personnel. Bushrod has been run blocking very well since he was inserted in the lineup.

This is one of the main contributing factors to those long runs broken off by P.T. That defense was worn out. The Bills offense had put up a couple of 3 and outs. Then, although suffering from the flu, you could tell P.T. had not played in the first half. He looked like a very fresh RB should in the 2nd half.

I think the final factor was having a fairly fresh Streif on the left side along with Shockey and Nicks who are great blockers.

All in all though, great job Pierre!!! :9:

I think people are discounting the fact that the Bills were wearing down in the second half, which explains the holes that PT had. I think it had less to do with personnel. Bushrod has been run blocking very well since he was inserted in the lineup.

when the game was on the line the bills were not ready to defend against the saints running game.....a 31st ranked pass defense was worried about the air attack we were about to bring....not the power left

it was clear that the bills defense was getting tired from the saints offense

and while bushrod has struggled in pass protection, he has been very solid in run blocking.......but streif was the LT late in the game

Bushrod was benched, either for his bad play or possible injury concerns.

Strief was in at that point.

I'm not positive but pretty sure that Dave Thomas was in on the left side on a lot of those running plays.

He had a sprained ankle.

I couldn't be sure because he played badly enough in the 1st half to be benched.

Perhaps he heals up this week and plays better on Sunday if he starts.

I'm not positive but pretty sure that Dave Thomas was in on the left side on a lot of those running plays.

He was. We went into the I-form and had him helping the left side. This is also why you saw Stinchcomb, a normally solid guy, struggle some. He was missing the help he normally has.

Bushrod went out for a little while with an ankle injury and came back in, just like in the eagles game, except this time Payton decided to put Strief back out there and stick with it because Bushrod was struggling.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom