We will finish 8-8 (1 Viewer)

So they're playing for pride.

We should make them all a "you tried your hardest" trophy.

Momentum into next year isn't a real thing. It just isn't.

Draft position is a real quantifiable thing.

They are not doing what's best for the team if they are playing for pride; they are doing what makes them feel better as individuals.

It's actually selfish to play for nothing more than pride.

Playing for pride does nothing for a team next year. With free agency and the draft a lot of times the roster looks different anyways. Being mediocre in this league does nothing for a team either a team is really good or bad and becomes good eventually( unless you are jags or browns). Every year saints want to trade up. Just make it easy and lose out that way you can stay put and select a good player

So they're playing for pride.

We should make them all a "you tried your hardest" trophy.

Momentum into next year isn't a real thing. It just isn't.

Draft position is a real quantifiable thing.

They are not doing what's best for the team if they are playing for pride; they are doing what makes them feel better as individuals.

It's actually selfish to play for nothing more than pride.

It lays the foundation for a winning attitude. If we finish 8-8 we will have made progress from last year however small it is.

When courting free agents would you rather go to an 8-8 team that looks like they are improving or a 6-10 team that looks like they are getting worse?

Players do not care about the draft. That's absurd. So to think we'll intentionally try to lose these last two games is the logic of fans playing Madden.

They will and should do everything in their power to win. Not like we're playing two bad teams. So that precious 6-10 record is well within reach.

The team is not playing for the draft order they are playing for pride to win and to finish the season strong. IMHO the team wants to finish this strong with wins they are not concerned with the draft order. Some fans might want to see the team lose for a higher draft pick but not the players.You never want to see the team give up and lose to have a better draft position.

Too bad playing for pride didn't start a few games ago when we had a shot at the playoffs. It seems to me playing for pride should start at the beginning of the season, not near the end of the season when you are pretty much out of the playoff hunt.

It lays the foundation for a winning attitude. If we finish 8-8 we will have made progress from last year however small it is.

When courting free agents would you rather go to an 8-8 team that looks like they are improving or a 6-10 team that looks like they are getting worse?

It doesn't lay the foundation for anything.

Free agents don't care about 6-10 or 8-8, it's not a significant enough difference to factor in with things like pay or quality of life.

Players do not care about the draft. That's absurd. So to think we'll intentionally try to lose these last two games is the logic of fans playing Madden.

Players should care more.

Fans playing madden, and GM's playing NFL care about the draft.

I want to see my team win games. It's that simple. I enjoyed the hard fought win in Arizona yesterday. I hope I get a couple more like that to finish the season. And if we do it while trying backups and such, that's even better.

Maybe winning is a good thing and puts us more in the range for a Christian McCaffrey or some other player. Top 10 doesn't automatically equal superstar.

I agree top 10 doesn't mean superstar but I do feel like it gives us more options as far as who is available. That being said I believe 7-9 is right where we end up....again

Our Defense took a step back yesterday. Plenty of good film for Allen to make corrections.

Players should care more.

Fans playing madden, and GM's playing NFL care about the draft.
You're missing the point. For players, those rookies are who are supposed to replace you. Every player knows his shelf life is limited. And it's only a matter of time before a younger and better player replaces them. The only way to prolong that is by playing well. Which leads to wins. Which leads to lower draft picks.

You might find a handful of players that actively want their team to draft better players and those guys are all franchise QBs or the best players at their position in the entire league.

For Paul Kruger, you think he can't wait to see the Saints draft Tim Williams or trade up for Myles Garrett? Because those are the guys that would take his job.

I want that. Any fan would want that. And so would any GM.

You're missing the point. For players, those rookies are who are supposed to replace you. Every player knows his shelf life is limited. And it's only a matter of time before a younger and better player replaces them. The only way to prolong that is by playing well. Which leads to wins. Which leads to lower draft picks.

You might find a handful of players that actively want their team to draft better players and those guys are all franchise QBs or the best players at their position in the entire league.

For Paul Kruger, you think he can't wait to see the Saints draft Tim Williams or trade up for Myles Garrett? Because those are the guys that would take his job.

I want that. Any fan would want that. And so would any GM.

What I am suggesting is that these last few games get handled like the third pre season game. I'm not suggesting that players don't play while they are on the field. I know that's not going to happen.

Most of our starters shouldn't play past halftime these last couple of games. There is nothing for the team to gain. Let's see what the younger guys have in them.

It's not dissimilar from if we'd had home field advantage locked up already. No one would fault us for sitting our guys. There isn't any more to play for now, why should we be playing our best players?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom