We will look back on this season and say Eli Apple was the missing piece (1 Viewer)

Agree...our defense has completely changed since his arrival. Sometimes, a lot of times, it's just about guys finding the right fit for themselves.

Good coverage. Apple knows how to get his head around to look for the ball and is not handsy. Not to hate on Crawley, but on one of his limited snaps he got an interference call. Just sayin, if Crawley was still starting, no way we would've finished this game allowing so few passing yards and only one td. Eli's addition has helped the secondary as a whole play better. Even PJ is ballin out.

The secondary is gelling and defense isn't playing desparate to hide holes in coverage. The back end is gelling and Dennis Allen has been super aggressive.

I hope so.

I want to be the one looking like an idiot who said it was a bad trade. Make me eat that crow, Eli.

He did hold that guys jersey in the first quarter and got away with it. As long as you get away with it we are good.

Much much better than Crawley. I have no idea how you come in for like 3 plays and get a pass interference called on you.

I feel bad for Crawley. But the dude came in the 4th and like two plays later he gets flagged for PI...

Hasn't been a deep bomb completed on us since.
Including during deep zone prevent that we seem to be able to always be in. In fact, we're running more single safety coverages now. Letting Marcus Williams not have to worry about shading to Crawley's side perpetually. Imagine if we still had Patrick Robinson and then added Apple...

The defense has really only allowed 7 points the last two games. The second TD last week was sort of a component of the offense taking their foot off of the gas pedal and we just kinda played garbage time. But quietly this defense is ballin. Like, for real balling.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom