We will look back on this season and say Eli Apple was the missing piece (1 Viewer)

What is Eli Apple's contract with the Saints? I think he is an excellent addition to our team. He seems to be playing better each week.

I'm just saying.

Dude is balling out.

As everyone may recall, Primetime Sanders said earlier this year; The Saints are 1 legit CB from being a favorite to win the Super Bowl...or something along that line. I think they found that CB. Since Apple arrived, there has been a noticeable difference in opposing QB performance.

I think it was Rev that said getting Apple has allowed DA to run the type of defense he wants to run. I think that's the reason we're seeing more blitzes and interceptions on the back end. It's starting to look like the defense of last year, which means Watch Out NFL, here comes the Saints!!

I think it was Rev that said getting Apple has allowed DA to run the type of defense he wants to run. I think that's the reason we're seeing more blitzes and interceptions on the back end. It's starting to look like the defense of last year, which means Watch Out NFL, here comes the Saints!!

Yep. There’s really no doubt anymore - adding Apple was a great move. Dez was going to be the other piece, but oh well. Hopefully Marshall can contribute and Smith continue to emerge.

But Apple has changed this defense and look out!

Good coverage. Apple knows how to get his head around to look for the ball and is not handsy. Not to hate on Crawley, but on one of his limited snaps he got an interference call. Just sayin, if Crawley was still starting, no way we would've finished this game allowing so few passing yards and only one td. Eli's addition has helped the secondary as a whole play better. Even PJ is ballin out.

Lets not give up on Crawley yet, might be some potential with some teaching??

Apple is gelling well with his college teammates. He does appear to be the tipping point. With Crawley repeatedly giving up big plays, we could never maintain a comfortable lead and allow DA to blitz. Now, we can keep a lead and allow DA to be more aggressive and force opposing qb's into hurried and bad decisions, forcing turnovers, giving our offense additional possessions. It all works together.

Lets not give up on Crawley yet, might be some potential with some teaching??
I don't think anyone is giving up on Crawley but with the team for 3 years. I think he had enough teaching. He is good depth though. But irks me to see him get a penalty the minute he got into the game. He sees why the coaches benched him.

All you have to really look at is us blitzing a lot more to get your answer on how well he's doing before he came we were barely blitzing well now D.A has a lot more confidence in doing so

Hasn't been a deep bomb completed on us since.
We’re NOT seeing those deep passes because DA has had more confidence in bringing multiple pressure packages. And they are disguised so well that it’s hard to read.

The result: Not enough time for opposing QB’s to be comfortable enough to throw the deep bomb.

Lately it’s been: One one thousand one, one thousand two, one thousand OUCH!”

:gosaints:

In the Payton era the defense has always been good when we had 2 good cornerbacks. It just opens up the defense to do a lot of things like blitzing. This is why I wanted to draft a CB in the first round but Davenports looked good so whatever. I think its foolish to depend on some of these low round picks and UDFA at CB. Atleast if Apple is bad he still has first round talent to help make up for it. Same for any potential first round draft pick.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom