We will lose a game (1 Viewer)

lol, Not trying to jinx us or anything. I just see tons of posts about us rolling every opponent we play. I know that every game we play, will be a competitive game, we have a shot at EVERY game that we will play in, which is great. But I just don't want a lot of people here to be mad if we lose a game or two

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE THREAD

thread-fail-stamp.gif

Just for you

your avatar is hilarious, by the way

Everyone is avoiding the terrible admission of the truth.....we are one wrong hit away from our season tanking. You know what I mean....I am not gonna say those words.

Everyone is avoiding the terrible admission of the truth.....we are one wrong hit away from our season tanking. You know what I mean....I am not gonna say those words.

NOOOO, this thread just earned me -1000 creditability

Losing wont bother me, only how we lose will bother me. If we lose a game where we give up 5 tds on big plays of over 40 yards or get totally out matched physically, I will be upset, but that wont happen.

We have the team to be in the mix in every game. Face it guys, our defense will only get better and better the more the same guys play more games together.

It's one thing to be over confident and be an NFL player... WE, on the other hand are FANS posting on a forum telling each other to calm down... It is a fans right to get over excited one week and then be completely dismayed the next...

Look at the Eagles... they want Reid's head right now. I understand you might feel we are getting out of hand with excitement at the 2-0 start but honestly, how in the hell will my belief in an undefeated season affect how the Saints play on Sunday.

That's their job, they get paid to be professional and we have every indication that they are handling their business from Payton to Brees to our Practice Squad. So keeping all this in mind, you can stay level headed, I on the other hand am indulging my fanatical delusions of black and gold glory.

Actually, I would much prefer the Saints lose a couple of games along the way. The more games a team wins, the more likely it is for the streak to end. I would rather the Saints end the regular season 13-3 (my updated prediction) and win the Super Bowl than go 18-1 the way the Patriots did in 2007.

I know I'M getting cocky telling all my buds and coworkers that the Saints are unstoppable and how our D has stepped it up this year, but I realized...we will lose a game, heck probably a few of them. Just hate seeing so many of us cocky and confident. If we'd actually lose to the Bills how many of us would go '..same old saints..." ? We'll be there at the end of the year, I'm sure, but until we beat the Giants in about a month, then I'll put us towards the top of the NFC, but not THE top.

But the Giants get to be at the top by default?

Until we lose, or at least stop demolishing people I'm not going to put this team anywhere but tops in the NFC.

They'll be plenty of time to downplay our team and wallow in our sorrows when we lose. Until then, we are going undefeated and this is the best team in the NFC.

Actually, I would much prefer the Saints lose a couple of games along the way. The more games a team wins, the more likely it is for the streak to end. I would rather the Saints end the regular season 13-3 (my updated prediction) and win the Super Bowl than go 18-1 the way the Patriots did in 2007.

While I understand your point, I disagree. Yes, there can be pressure to go undefeated as we complie win after win but let me say this:

I want to see us go 19-0 thereby winning the Superbowl. The only time a loss isn't going to bother me is if we have already wrapped up the #1 seeding in the NFC playoffs and we are resting starters.

The only team I'm worried about at this point is the Giants. Especially since Jamal is supposed to be out. Their front 7 is great.

Unfortunately, two wins does not a season or championship make. However, 2 -0 is a step in the right direction. I will take the 2-0 and hope that the Saints beat Buffalo. One game at a time for me and I am not even thinking about winning the division or playoffs. I want to see consistency in the offense, defense, and special teams throughout the season. To me consistency is the key to having a good season. That is what is still yet to be decided, can the Saints play this way consistently throughout the season?

The only time a loss isn't going to bother me is if we have already wrapped up the #1 seeding in the NFC playoffs and we are resting starters.

Good point there, but I still prefer they know the feeling of losing a game they wanted to win. I would certainly hope that 13-3 gets the Saints home-field advantage, which I, too, want very badly.

Just hate seeing so many of us cocky and confident.

You hate to see us so cocky and confident?!! After all these years of losing that this team and us fans have dealt with, WE DESERVE TO BE COCKY AND CONFIDENT FOR A CHANGE :worthy:!!

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom