We will pick a Secondary player! (1 Viewer)

TheOneManShow 02

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
With Rob Ryan now onboard and seeing the personnel we have on current roster, I have a strong feeling we will go with a defensive back with our 1st pick.

There are some glaring holes throughout our secondary and one player can help stabilize it (just like Darren Sharper did in '09). In no way will we get a player with the experience and veteren savvy of a Sharper, but we can add an instinctive, athletic player. Our secondary players just don't have "IT" when it comes to the ball in the air, especially our safeties.

I believe a player with the skillset of Kenny Vaccaro will make more of an immediate and resounding impact on our team than an OLB. Sure there are some great OLB prospects, but drafting one of those will not fill the void we have in our secondary.

Somebody should study the 10-year draft history of 4-3 teams switching to 3-4 defenses, what have they drafted first? I bet it is usually a front-7 defender...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9Vd8KrpbG3g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Somebody should study the 10-year draft history of 4-3 teams switching to 3-4 defenses, what have they drafted first? I bet it is usually a front-7 defender...

Thanks, good idea.

Do that for us and let us know the results.

BPA. If that's an OT they'll take him. I doubt they'd consider any other offensive position though. If they believed they had the next Calvin Johnson they might go for it but I haven't heard anybody talking anyone like that being out there..

I think if Ryan feels comfortable with Wilson and Gallette we will draft secondary and pick up depth in FA.

Considering our track record in the last, say, 5-6 drafts, on dbs taken in the draft, especially in the first round..if we have changed scouts ok take a db. If not, pass rusher or OT all the way. Without a decent pass rush even the best corner would look silly more times than not

Safety play is vital in today's NFL.

Look at the impact Earl Thomas, Dashon Goldson, Harrison Smith, Ed Reed, Troy (not so much anymore), Falcons S duo (Decoud, Moore).

Teams seemed to pick on our safeties. I feel like it is a position we must upgrade.

Safety play is vital in today's NFL.

Look at the impact Earl Thomas, Dashon Goldson, Harrison Smith, Ed Reed, Troy (not so much anymore), Falcons S duo (Decoud, Moore).

Teams seemed to pick on our safeties. I feel like it is a position we must upgrade.
Sure thing.

Parcells top picks for 3 drafts straight were LB and DE
Phillips in Houston went with Watt and Brooks Reed

It all depends on what a team already has and what's available. If JJ Watt was available in the draft there is no doubt what we'd be drafting.

Vaccaro looks like the real deal. I would not be surprised if he or X Rhodes are the pick, especially if Harper becomes a cap casualty.

Vaccaro looks like the real deal. I would not be surprised if he or X Rhodes are the pick, especially if Harper becomes a cap casualty.
he really hurt himself for a couple of weeks by turning down SR Bowl,but he's really Moving back up.I wouldnt mind Taking Vaccaro,did read where X Rhodes is really raw, But he's a big CB,An the big CB is what DC are wanting and thats helping his draft status,just what I read..Not my opinion

I like Matt Elam better than Vaccaro.

Elam might be smaller but he is the better playmaker and he is a hell of an Enforcer. He is the closest thing to Troy Polamalu there is in this draft.

Theres a reason why Ryan has a history of drafting DBs. Its gotta do with his scheme.

Id be really surprised if we drafted anything in the first except DB or OT depending on what happens with Bushrod

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom