We will win our next two games.... (1 Viewer)

longtime lurker

Buddy D lives FOREVER!
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Placentia, CA but hometown is Gulfport, MS!
....we have the turds on Mon night and then Drew's return game in SD.

I'm predicting we go 2-0, and Drew throws for 800 yards, 8tds, 0 ints total from both games. The D will step up and continue to improve. The loss of PJ will sting, but this team isn't giving up!

Then we have a whole new season in front of us.

Keep the faith

Btw...I'll donate $50 to SR if this happens. $55 if it doesn't!

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
We'll most likely beat the Falcons.

I can't think past that.

But with an 0-2 start, you are just playing a never ending game of catch up at this point.

Kamara Time in NO

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
No way this team beats San Diego. Making the trip to the west coast then having to play a team off to a good start (tough loss to Kansas City and smoking the Jags so far today) is going to be a tall order and won't happen. They will probably beat the Falcons because they always beat the Falcons but after that, it gets real ugly until the middle of November. It's evident this team is not a playoff contender this year so they just need to play the young guys, let them get better and find out who can be a part of this team long term. Should be in position for some good draft picks and it might be time to look at getting the guy to replace Brees with a high pick in the 2017 draft.

JBryan314

Very Banned
Reaction score
We'll most likely beat the Falcons.

I can't think past that.

But with an 0-2 start, you are just playing a never ending game of catch up at this point.
My thoughts too. People think you rebound from a loss by winning the next one. But that's only true if you're happy with 8-8. To really rebound and erase a loss, you need to win at least 2 games, maybe 3. We could go on a nice little 3 game streak and still only have a barely mediocre record. To really rebound, we need to get to 4-2.

Yeah, right.

SaintsJunkie

BREES HOF
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm ok with a 50/50 record when we get Delvin and Rankins back, and hopefully PJ before then, because I expect the team to be ready for a run with the gang back together

Filaphill

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
The Giants are the best team in the NFC East and we stayed with them the entire game almost beating them. Just saying I think we have a pretty darn good team every game is winnable.

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
I'm rooting for Atlanta today. I'd rather not play a desperate 0-2 team next week.

Better that we are the desperate 0-2 team.

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
The Giants are the best team in the NFC East and we stayed with them the entire game almost beating them. Just saying I think we have a pretty darn good team every game is winnable.
We are good in the sense that our talent can produce. This team doesn't lack ability.

But we don't know how to win close games. That's a psychological issue that often plagues young teams. Until we figure it out, you can play close every game against the best or worst teams and still find a way to lose.

You see this happen to teams every season. The difference between 6-10 and 10-6 is almost always an ability to win close, hard fought games.

saintology

Freshman
Reaction score
Well, I just hope we win the next one against ATL. Hard to imagine this season being anything but disastrous if we lose to ATL at home. Not only b/c they aren't good this year, but we will have already dropped 2 homes games sitting at 0-3. It's a must win game week 3 looking at our schedule. We certainly can and should win it. SD....who knows? Likely a shootout game. Hard two tell as we've seen two totally different teams week one and two show up. Here's hoping for a W next week to get the ball rolling.

Surviving Saint

NFL Fan
Reaction score
The game I had penciled in before the season started, was Carolina at home. We signed Roman Harper to learn the tendencies of the Panthers offense. We have 2 weeks to prepare for that game and should be much healthier than we were last night. Thats the one game I feel confident about right now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Did I hear right? Mike Tirico Calling our game next week on SNF Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 10
Who is Saints' next man up if Michael Thomas sits? Here are 4 options, and 1 wild card Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Any Saints Fans going to Vegas next weekend ? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 33
Good thing we play our next game on a Monday Night Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 21
Emmanuel Butler - finally proven to be the next Onome Ojo Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 18
Week 2 late games open thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Week 2 early games open thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
How the Saints are handling road games in 2020: 'Buyouts' of most hotels, more buses than usual Saints RSS News Feeds 0
KingNene The Saints focus on Special Teams wins them ball games. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 18
whodatsay Saints Saints games to replay on Bounce Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 5
Saint Jack Best Opening Day Games Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 0
Taker597 Offensive line didn't get 4 preseason games to gel and missing its 1st round rookie. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 37
Saints' streak of holding running backs to less than 100 yards now at 44 games Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Week 1 early games open thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Bill Question Will (or Should) our home games start the same? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 9
where yat brah Watch Party--Bucs and Packers games Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 12
Super44 Is a good start...non-sloppy games, by the the NFL standard... Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 4