We WIN As A Team - We LOSE As A Team!! (1 Viewer)

This is exactly how i feel. This is a great post and worded better then i can ever dream to word it.

Well said. This Saints team has proven it can play ball with any team in the NFL right now and teams know they in for game when they step on the field with this Saints team.

If this team don't make the playoffs, It want be because they laid down for anyone or didn't have heart. This team has plenty of heart and character.

Well put Kfran - spoken like a guy who has buckled a chin strap up a few times.

I have played the game and coached the game - You are exactly right, you win as a team and lose as a team.

It makes me wonder about all these guys that are complaining about Copper?? First, how many of them could have even made a catch and then get WHACKED and hold on to the ball.

Good Luck Saints - I will be with you forever!!

Yea, I've played ball, 62 Defense, and I've also coached - very preceptive of you.

I can understand the disappointment and frustration in losing a game we could've one, but I'll guarantee you, if you ask any Saints player - to a man, they'll tell you that the team lost this game. More importanly, they'll mean it.

That's because they're so well coached. I would be shocked to see a similar performance next week because well coached teams, with talent, rarely perform that way two games in a row.

FYI - Looks like the Giants are about to lose, and that's a good thing.

It still puts us in the driver's seat for the other first round bye in the NFC, as well.

2 of their 3 losses will be to NFC teams (Seattle and Chicago), and we only have 1 NFC loss - Carolina.

Bottomline - We're in the driver's seat today with the second best record in the NFC.

Take care, my friend...

I would like to know why we are not giving Danny Clark more playing time. When he stopped Willy Parker at the goal line it was like Willy ran into a brick wall.

Good question. My buddy from Philly said Simoneau was a 'try hard' guy but not a starter. Good back and ST player.

We need to give Clark a chance to stuff the run.

Good question. My buddy from Philly said Simoneau was a 'try hard' guy but not a starter. Good back and ST player.

We need to give Clark a chance to stuff the run.

There's gotta be a reason we're not aware of. Perhaps as the season progresses, we'll see a change, or at the very least, understand alot clearer why Clark's not getting more PT.

I am proud and awed by the way this team fought back and back and back! Sure we let the turnovers bite us and then Fast Willie had two hysterycal runs at the absolutely wrong time but these are the Superbowl Champs from last year never mind thier record!

The SAINTS played their behinds off , turned the ball over three times, fought back from being down early and still made it a great , entertaining game!

We've got some great football ahead and alll of this without some major starters! I love these guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When we take care of the ball, we're dangerous.
When we don't, we give games away.
It happens.
I'll treat this game just like the Ravens.
Time to take a few days off to let everyone vent.
Discussing it will only drudge up coulda's, woulda's, and shoulda's.
It's pretty simple. Games like this hurt so trying to find
an answer is useless. Out of sight, out of mind.
Get em next week. The early success of the Saints will
not make me act like a spoiled child. I can accept it and move on.
After following the Saints for 28+ years, I've seen it all
and 6-3 is something I find hard to complain about.
On a positive note, we have yet to lose 2 in a row. Expect a w next week. :)

What I saw yesterday is correctable. Those fumbles were not due to not concetrating or showboating. Pittsburgh hit them hard. They put a helmet on the ball. So, we just have to cover the ball better. And as far as those two long runs by Pittsburgh, it had shades of the Carolina game. You got to hold your position and not let them bounce it outside. If not for those two runs, we had them pretty much in check. They only had 69 yards rushing. And I think it was after the Bush fumble when Rothlesburger threw a TD to a wide open receiver, I thought it was blown coverage, but after a replay, it was a pick by Pittsburgh that freed the receiver. So, I'm confident that it'll be better next week. And I feel sorry for our next opponent. Remember after the Ravens game how we played?

What I saw yesterday is correctable. Those fumbles were not due to not concetrating or showboating. Pittsburgh hit them hard. They put a helmet on the ball. So, we just have to cover the ball better. And as far as those two long runs by Pittsburgh, it had shades of the Carolina game. You got to hold your position and not let them bounce it outside. If not for those two runs, we had them pretty much in check. They only had 69 yards rushing. And I think it was after the Bush fumble when Rothlesburger threw a TD to a wide open receiver, I thought it was blown coverage, but after a replay, it was a pick by Pittsburgh that freed the receiver. So, I'm confident that it'll be better next week. And I feel sorry for our next opponent. Remember after the Ravens game how we played?

You've been around the sport awhile, Crowley Cajun, and you understand the game. Very astute observations. My hat goes off to you.

Thanks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom