We WIN As A Team - We LOSE As A Team!! (1 Viewer)

kfran

TwoDat! Let's Do It Again
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

After reading a few of these new threads this evening, I don't know whether I should skake my head and laugh, or cry...

Copper this, Simoneau that, Reggie this, Donte this, Joe that...

It's hilarious....

We've been saying all week that the Saints matched up well with Pitt, and it showed today.

We also said that if we didn't turn the bal over, and they didn't either, it would be a dog fight...

We'll we turned the ball over 3 times, Pitt none, and it WAS STILL a dog fight.

These Saints Are GOOD! Better than any team we've ever had.

I can assure you. They won't be pointing fingers at each other as so many are here today.

The worse case senario has already been played out:

We lost a game that was winnable. We're STILL in 1st place by a full game because of Hotlanta's loss, regardless of what happens with Carolina.

We lost to an AFC team, so we lose, but it could have been worse had it been a division opponent or or conference opponent.

Bottom line: We STILL control our own destiny.

How many of you who are hooping and hollering would have said the same thing in August?

GET OVER IT!!!

Amen. I was wondering where the faith is. We are starting to sound like Falcon fans.

They're called fair weather fans... Just write down a few of their handles, and remind them of it when you see them all over the Saints' success as the year progresses.

I've always been amused by them.

Can't blame any one individual here........we let this one get away as a team. You can't a rb rip you for 2 70+ yard carries and expect to win. We'll bounce back from this one, but it still hurts. Joe Horn and dare I say Fred Thomas were sorely missed today. Nuff said.

Exactly! It was still a dog fight...

As long as they continue to play as a team and take the loss as a team they should continue to improve. How a team reacts to a loss says alot about team chemistry. I'm sure the players that made mistakes or didn't make the big play are pointing the finger at themselves and will be motivated by themselves and positive support from thier teammates to improve and fight till the end.

The saying what doesn't kill you makes you stronger only applies when it's matched with the right attitude. We'll they are obviously not dead and I believe coach Peyton and Brees have instilled the right attitude into this team.

Here's to a strong second half of the season with a sweep in December.

Can't blame any one individual here........we let this one get away as a team. You can't a rb rip you for 2 70+ yard carries and expect to win. We'll bounce back from this one, but it still hurts. Joe Horn and dare I say Fred Thomas were sorely missed today. Nuff said.

Yes, it definitely hurts...But how would you feel if Hotlanta had won?

Bottomline: It could have been worse. We STILL control our own destiny, and I'm sure that's what Sean will remind our guys of.

Exactly! It was still a dog fight...

As long as they continue to play as a team and take the loss as a team they should continue to improve. How a team reacts to a loss says alot about team chemistry. I'm sure the players that made mistakes or didn't make the big play are pointing the finger at themselves and will be motivated by themselves and positive support from thier teammates to improve and fight till the end.

The saying what doesn't kill you makes you stronger only applies when it's matched with the right attitude. We'll they are obviously not dead and I believe coach Peyton and Brees have instilled the right attitude into this team.

Here's to a strong second half of the season with a sweep in December.

I expect them to react the same way they did after the Ravens' game. That's what good, well coached teams do.

I would like to know why we are not giving Danny Clark more playing time. When he stopped Willy Parker at the goal line it was like Willy ran into a brick wall.

Well said. We lost this game due to the turnovers and the reason Parker had 200 yard game were because of the two big runs he had. Take those two away and he didn't have a big day. The problem was they came at a really bad time.

We will be ok. Keep in mind this may not be our year to go all the way but a stepping stone to the ultimate goal. I believe that perhaps next year will be the Saints year to finally go all the way. We WILL make the playoffs this year unless there is a huge fall off.

I think our defense weaknesses were exposed today. We know what the draft and free agency will address in the coming off year. We are set at offense, maybe a lineman or two but defense, defense, defense. We need CB, LB, and lineman help.

Next week looks like it could be a track meet with Cincy after they put up 41 today and lost. Next week we will be looking to avenge a game we should have won and so will they. This game now becomes a big key to the rest of the season for us. We cannot afford to drop the game next week. The Dome needs to be loud and we need to get off to a faster start.

Well put Kfran - spoken like a guy who has buckled a chin strap up a few times.

I have played the game and coached the game - You are exactly right, you win as a team and lose as a team.

It makes me wonder about all these guys that are complaining about Copper?? First, how many of them could have even made a catch and then get WHACKED and hold on to the ball.

Good Luck Saints - I will be with you forever!!

Well put Kfran - spoken like a guy who has buckled a chin strap up a few times.

I have played the game and coached the game - You are exactly right, you win as a team and lose as a team.

It makes me wonder about all these guys that are complaining about Copper?? First, how many of them could have even made a catch and then get WHACKED and hold on to the ball.

Good Luck Saints - I will be with you forever!!

You know he was really close to being down by contact. I wonder if they ruled him down if there would have been enough evidence to call it a fumble.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom