We won’t win again until Taysom Hill starts (1 Viewer)

I doubt you have really given this much thought. I’ve already stated that he took a fledgling franchise, the Colts, to the post season and barely lost to the Bills In 2020 not 2007. I suppose it’s fair to say that Frank Reich knows more about football than you. Reich did not want Rivers to go. Rivers made the decision of his own volition to support his son by coaching his high school team, a team that’s season ended about three weeks ago. It’s comical that you play it off like he is washed up. It’s even more comical that you equate someone that is fifth all time in yardage and completion percentage in the history of the game with Trevor Siemain. As if Rivers can’t pick up this offense enough to have a high level of success. Hill has potential to do well but he is still not 100% and is one hard hit away from IR. Keep preaching the rhetoric than those here are our best option to win and keep watching us lose games.

If Frank Reich likes him so much why isn't he starting for Frank Reich this year? Apparently Frank Reich thinks Carson Wentz is better. Carson Wentz that got pushed out of Philly because he was terrible.

It doesn't take much long deliberation to know that an old, immobile QB that doesn't know the offense and couldn't keep his starting job over Carson Wentz isn't going to make much, if any impact, on the offense for a team when we are this far into the season. And, regardless of what anyone thinks of Rivers' ability as a QB, he doesn't have time to learn the playbook.

Also, I'm pretty good with knowing that despite how little thought I have put into this and Frank Reich knowing more about football than I do, 32 NFL teams passed on Rivers as even a #3 QB on their team this year. 40 year-old QBs that can come in and make an impact at QB over halfway through the season aren't just sitting around coaching high school football. Newton is the exception because he already knows the basic Carolina offense, is only 32, and he has always been more dangerous improvising than really running the offense. Rivers on the other hand is immobile and is seven years older than Cam Newton.

Last edited:
Consider Ole Man Rivers and insurance policy if Hill goes down. Hate Fig Newton but he came back and already won a game,
Newton didn't win a game. He played a few snaps in a game that the Panthers won, but the game he started at QB, they lost.

ARE YOU REALLY POSTING THESE STATS AS SOMETHING POSITIVE???????

6 OF 7!!!!! 7 PASSES
WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING AT ME???

6 OF 7 SOUNDS PRETTY GOOD, CONSIDERING HE'S NOT THE STARTING QB. HE PLAYS WR AND TE AND FB AND THEN COMES IN FOR 1 OR 2 PLAYS AS QB WITHOUT ANY WARMUP PASSES OR TAKING A PRACTICE SNAP ON THE SIDELINE, LIKE A NORMAL BACKUP WOULD DO BEFORE COMING IN FOR THE STARTER. SO, UHM, YEAH,....I'M TAKING THIS A POSITIVE.

I NOTICE YOU COMPLETELY DISREGARDED THE OVER 70% COMPLETION RATE WHEN HE WAS A STARTER LAST YEAR.

Worst QB since I have been a Saints Fan (30 years). Lets cheer for Taysom. Also lets try our 7th round pick and our recently pick up. Our stone hands WR just don't cut it. Why can't SP see this. Is he waiting to draft the Bama WRs.???????

WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING AT ME???

6 OF 7 SOUNDS PRETTY GOOD, CONSIDERING HE'S NOT THE STARTING QB. HE PLAYS WR AND TE AND FB AND THEN COMES IN FOR 1 OR 2 PLAYS AS QB WITHOUT ANY WARMUP PASSES OR TAKING A PRACTICE SNAP ON THE SIDELINE, LIKE A NORMAL BACKUP WOULD DO BEFORE COMING IN FOR THE STARTER. SO, UHM, YEAH,....I'M TAKING THIS A POSITIVE.

I NOTICE YOU COMPLETELY DISREGARDED THE OVER 70% COMPLETION RATE WHEN HE WAS A STARTER LAST YEAR.

Dude, you can type all caps if it makes you feel good. It doesn't bother me one bit. The fact still remains that Hill is a BELOW AVERAGE QB. He is a good jack of all player which he excels at. However, you can pull up all the bogus numbers you want but that won't change what I see and that is he is slow on his release, doesn't scan the field well, definitely doesn't throw the deep ball well AT ALL, and quick to run without making his reads. Now you can add up all those check down passes and come up with your numbers, but the picture is clear; he is a valuable asset to the team in his JOKER role, but will never convince me that he has what it takes to be a starting QB for any team. You can want him to be the man but he will never be the man. He simply does not have what it takes.

People some how forget we've seen Taysom play. He didn't magically get great overnight.
He tries to do too much , needs to be patient because his first read will most likely never be open. Don't be afraid to run the ball.

People some how forget we've seen Taysom play. He didn't magically get great overnight.
He tries to do too much , needs to be patient because his first read will most likely never be open. Don't be afraid to run the ball.
A power-running QB with a bad foot equals trouble. I support Taysom getting another shot despite my critiques of him but it sounds like he's banged up like the rest of the team.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom