We won’t win again until Taysom Hill starts (1 Viewer)

One fact is unassailable.

If Taysom Hill had been available and was chosen to start our record could not be any worse than it is.

If every NFL QB was judged solely on their first four starts under the same circumstances that applied to Taysom last year. Well, you get the drift.

The learning curve for NFL QBs is a lot longer than 4 games.

Every Never Taysom anti-fan has an agenda and a fear.

The agenda is some other QB they prefer and the fear is that given an extended chance to grow Taysom would in fact grow.
Line one is absolutely wrong. Line two is arguable.

The rest is spot on.

how is line and two wrong? 0 and 3 is as bad as it gets.
Unassailable? Really? We could be getting blown out while being totally dominated in ToP, turning the ball over and just generally looking pathetic. We're not a good O but we're not pathetic.

A couple of injuries and that could change.

Siemian is honestly on a Billy Joe (plural) level. It is SO BAD. The whole offense is neutered.

This is silly.

The offense doesn't even have testicles. Siemien isn't taking anything away from an O down Armstead, Peat, Thomas, Kamara, Ramczek and Winston.

Last edited:
WOW!!!!! Some of you guys must walk around with an umbrella. THE SKY IS FALLING....

Without our two best linemen, running back, wide receiver and starting QB on the field, the offense is going to sputter. I still believe Seimian is our best option at this point at QB. Hill is a very good ALL AROUND player, but just not at the QB position. If he could RUN AND PASS I would think different, but his passing skills are simply not there to be considered a full time starter.

I am not ready to throw in the towel just yet. As bad as things seem, we are still in the playoff hunt and still solidly in the race for the division. Health is the true issue and I think once the players get healthy we'll make a good push. I still don't see a true dominant team throughout the entire league and if the Saints can get healthy and back in or slide into the playoffs, the are going to be a tough out. The Saints have proven that they can win on the road. It's a bumpy ride at the moment, but I am looking long term. LET'S GEAUX SAINTS!!!!

Unassailable? Really? We could be getting blown out while being totally dominated in ToP, turning the ball over and just generally looking pathetic. We're not a good O but we're not pathetic.

A couple of injuries and that could change.
Whatever. Our record since JW went down is 0 - 3

The worst it could be is 0 - 3 under TH.

I specifically said, " our record could not be any worse than it is."

Firstly, I don't believe hill is healthy, right? Did he even play at all vs the Eagles??

Second, it doesn't matter who starts. Start Hill or Book. I don't care. I watched a lot of Semian in Denver and he still looks like the same guy, although he did play above his ability for a couple of games.

Be prepared for a rough back half of the season. This team is not good.

No Kamara, no Thomas, No Hill, and missing half the starting lineman.
I am not sure having a one read and run/sack QB is going to make difference. We have too many "role-players" being ask to be "the guy." Hill at QB is having another Siemian QB without the play-maker Hill. if you get my meaning.

The offense needs to produce when we are not two TDs down.

Hold on, this is going to get bumpy down the stretch.

----

Can we please just call up Philip Rivers already?

Neither guy was, or is, the "answer" as a starting quarterback. Our chances already were what they were after 03/14/21....but at least with Jameis, I felt like there was room for continued improvement while still winning games during his learning curve under Payton.

With Rivers, you would at least have a guy with a lot of playoff experience navigating you as a potential number 7 seed.

The resentment I'm seeing from the usual Taysom weirdos is hilarious though......"I have no doubt he would have won these games!!" .... Umm, so y'all wanted him out there with a concussion and then later a bad foot in these last few games? Then the next narrative would have been "Payton put my Tay Tay in harm's way!!!" 😂😂

The answer is obvious. Start Taysom and go out and sign 2 or 3 other RBs who can also throw the rock to back him up.

It sounds dumb, and it probably is, but we have no WR or TE talent at all...but they can block or so I'm told. So let's let them do what they do best. Block. And let a RB who can throw the ball run the offense.

If Sean Payton really is a genius, this is what he will do.

Edit: I see Tommy Stevens is available. Let's Go!!

Last edited:
The defense quit on the team. Taysom would be a poor alternative. He's athletic but his accuracy is terrible. Stay with current QB. But truthfully this is too many injuries to a team. We cant succeed at this point other than to win a couple more games and so what. Put in the kid from Notre Dame to see if he has promise because otherwise we are going to have to draft of trade for a QB for 2022. Season is in the tank.
“The defense quit…”??? I knew the rest wasn’t worth reading…

Can we please just call up Philip Rivers already?

Neither guy was, or is, the "answer" as a starting quarterback. Our chances already were what they were after 03/14/21....but at least with Jameis, I felt like there was room for continued improvement while still winning games during his learning curve under Payton.

With Rivers, you would at least have a guy with a lot of playoff experience navigating you as a potential number 7 seed.

The resentment I'm seeing from the usual Taysom weirdos is hilarious though......"I have no doubt he would have won these games!!" .... Umm, so y'all wanted him out there with a concussion and then later a bad foot in these last few games? Then the next narrative would have been "Payton put my Tay Tay in harm's way!!!" 😂😂
Yup. I think Taysom is still injured and there might be concern about head trauma. The aloofness of some on this forum about getting veteran leadership at QB is interesting to say the least. Several have quite the talent in crafting disparaging remarks about Rivers. Sure his post season record is less than impressive yet who else on the roster has 5 wins in the post season? Certainly couldn’t hurt

Last edited:
The defense quit on the team. Taysom would be a poor alternative. He's athletic but his accuracy is terrible. Stay with current QB. But truthfully this is too many injuries to a team. We cant succeed at this point other than to win a couple more games and so what. Put in the kid from Notre Dame to see if he has promise because otherwise we are going to have to draft of trade for a QB for 2022. Season is in the tank.

Taysom's not accurate?

6 for 7 this year on passes.
71% career completion percentage.

Now let's do Trevor. 58.9%.

The defense rests.

Taysom's not accurate?

6 for 7 this year on passes.
71% career completion percentage.

Now let's do Trevor. 58.9%.

The defense rests.
I'm sure Trevor has gone 6 of 7 numerous times over the course of the games he's started. Maybe 7 of 7.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom