We won’t win again until Taysom Hill starts (1 Viewer)

Yup. I think Taysom is still injured and there might be concern about head trauma. The aloofness of some on forum about getting veteran leadership at QB is interesting to say the least. Several have quite the talent in crafting disparaging remarks about Rivers. Sure his post season record is less than impressive yet who else on the roster has 5 wins in the post season? Certainly couldn’t hurt

Yeah I'll happily take a top 5 draft pick who has played in an AFC title game and multiple other playoff games, over what we presently have to offer at that position.

Yup. I think Taysom is still injured and there might be concern about head trauma. The aloofness of some on forum about getting veteran leadership at QB is interesting to say the least. Several have quite the talent in crafting disparaging remarks about Rivers. Sure his post season record is less than impressive yet who else on the roster has 5 wins in the post season? Certainly couldn’t hurt

Regardless of your opinion of Rivers (I think he was a good QB but is done at this point), he wouldn't have enough time to learn the offense to contribute in any meaningful way. Maybe he's better than Siemian and Hill, but they both at least know the offense which probably makes them the better options despite Rivers having more talent than either of them.

The answer is obvious. Start Taysom and go out and sign 2 or 3 other RBs who can also throw the rock to back him up.

It sounds dumb, and it probably is, but we have no WR or TE talent at all...but they can block or so I'm told. So let's let them do what they do best. Block. And let a RB who can throw the ball run the offense.

If Sean Payton really is a genius, this is what he will do.

Edit: I see Tommy Stevens is available. Let's Go!!

That's crazy. Underhill says that Kamara throws a really good ball. Kamara should start at QB with Taysom as the backup QB. This is what Payton would do if he was really a genius.

Regardless of your opinion of Rivers (I think he was a good QB but is done at this point), he wouldn't have enough time to learn the offense to contribute in any meaningful way. Maybe he's better than Siemian and Hill, but they both at least know the offense which probably makes them the better options despite Rivers having more talent than either of them.
Had we brought him three weeks ago he would know the offense well enough. 11-5 last year with Colts and barely lost to the Bills in the post season 27-24

This is silly.

The offense doesn't even have testicles. Siemien isn't taking anything away from an O down Armstead, Peat, Thomas, Kamara, Ramczek and Winston.

Yep....I will say one thing though, that pick 6 that TS threw was a potential 10-14 point swing and probably decided the ball game. That throw makes me want to see TH behind center, it was mind numbingly dumb....I think the reason he isn't playing QB right now is because he isn't healthy (as many have alluded in this thread)

Yep....I will say one thing though, that pick 6 that TS threw was a potential 10-14 point swing and probably decided the ball game. That throw makes me want to see TH behind center, it was mind numbingly dumb....I think the reason he isn't playing QB right now is because he isn't healthy (as many have alluded in this thread)

THat game was hard to watch. D started ok and then o just stunk it up with penalties and turnovers. The TOP was insane, but I really don't know what we should have expected differently given the situation.

TH is not as good a QB as TS imho and if he's hurt there's no point. If we don't get some guys back soon this year is a waste and we'll be hoping for next.

Had we brought him three weeks ago he would know the offense well enough. 11-5 last year with Colts and barely lost to the Bills in the post season 27-24

I doubt it. Hill has been in the offense for years, Siemian and Winston for 2 years and neither really know the full offense. And Rivers' lack of mobility means that it would be even more difficult for him to slowly go through read progressions with WRs that aren't open and missing over half of our OL.

As far as Rivers in general, there are clearly reasons why no NFL team has signed him and those people know more about football than I do. And that reason may be that he's retired and he doesn't want to play. Especially not for a team with no good WRs and a banged up OL.

I'll be surprised if Siemian doesn't start next Thursday, Payton being Payton. As for Taysom starting, he's got a foot, and we don't know how bad it is, and without his ability to run...

Personally, I think Ian Book should be given a look-see, if anything because of his ability to scramble; he's used to leaving the pocket and throwing on the move, and takes off when there's space.

Whatever. Our record since JW went down is 0 - 3

The worst it could be is 0 - 3 under TH.

I specifically said, " our record could not be any worse than it is."
Okay. Not looking to get into an argument. You're right the record is the record. The pain and suffering is subjective though. Watching us flounder yesterday was giving me nightmare flash backs of 1980. This team isn't even close to that level of hopelessness.

I doubt it. Hill has been in the offense for years, Siemian and Winston for 2 years and neither really know the full offense. And Rivers' lack of mobility means that it would be even more difficult for him to slowly go through read progressions with WRs that aren't open and missing over half of our OL.

As far as Rivers in general, there are clearly reasons why no NFL team has signed him and those people know more about football than I do. And that reason may be that he's retired and he doesn't want to play. Especially not for a team with no good WRs and a banged up OL.
I doubt you have really given this much thought. I’ve already stated that he took a fledgling franchise, the Colts, to the post season and barely lost to the Bills In 2020 not 2007. I suppose it’s fair to say that Frank Reich knows more about football than you. Reich did not want Rivers to go. Rivers made the decision of his own volition to support his son by coaching his high school team, a team that’s season ended about three weeks ago. It’s comical that you play it off like he is washed up. It’s even more comical that you equate someone that is fifth all time in yardage and completion percentage in the history of the game with Trevor Siemain. As if Rivers can’t pick up this offense enough to have a high level of success. Hill has potential to do well but he is still not 100% and is one hard hit away from IR. Keep preaching the rhetoric than those here are our best option to win and keep watching us lose games.

I doubt you have really given this much thought. I’ve already stated that he took a fledgling franchise, the Colts, to the post season and barely lost to the Bills In 2020 not 2007. I suppose it’s fair to say that Frank Reich knows more about football than you. Reich did not want Rivers to go. Rivers made the decision of his own volition to support his son by coaching his high school team, a team that’s season ended about three weeks ago. It’s comical that you play it off like he is washed up. It’s even more comical that you equate someone that is fifth all time in yardage and completion percentage in the history of the game with Trevor Siemain. As if Rivers can’t pick up this offense enough to have a high level of success. Hill has potential to do well but he is still not 100% and is one hard hit away from IR. Keep preaching the rhetoric than those here are our best option to win and keep watching us lose games.
Seriously though, just how effective do you think a 40 year old that has been coaching HS ball for the past 4 months and would be coming to the team after 10 games have been played will be?

You think he’s going to show up on Thanksgiving Day ready to play? Or the next Thursday against the Cowboys? He going to be ready then? There are only 7 games left now. You must really love Phillip Rivers if you still want to sign him this late in the year.

Seriously though, just how effective do you think a 40 year old that has been coaching HS ball for the past 4 months and would be coming to the team after 10 games have been played will be?

You think he’s going to show up on Thanksgiving Day ready to play? Or the next Thursday against the Cowboys? He going to be ready then? There are only 7 games left now. You must really love Phillip Rivers if you still want to sign him this late in the year.
^^^Bruh, you trying too hard let them live this fantasy where there's something that can be salvaged from this season. All I want is no more major injuries.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom