We won’t win again until Taysom Hill starts (1 Viewer)

^^^Bruh, you trying too hard let them live this fantasy where there's something that can be salvaged from this season. All I want is no more major injuries.
Bruhh*****

Dis ain’t about playoffs. Why you wanna watch a 40 year old with a retirement belly QB the last 7 games of a “lost” season when there are two guys on the roster that coaches and fans want to see get extended reps (Hill and Book)?

You trying too hard.

Fair point Judge. Had we signed him 3 weeks ago he would definitely be more ready than he would be now. Always have loved the Chargers. Just like Rivers pushed Drew Brees to become who he is, Rivers could have done the same with Hill and Siemian. Never said Rivers should just show up and be the starter. Think an uninjured Hill is probably our best shot but what happens if he gets re-injured???

Bruhh*****

Dis ain’t about playoffs. Why you wanna watch a 40 year old with a retirement belly QB the last 7 games of a “lost” season when there are two guys on the roster that coaches and fans want to see get extended reps (Hill and Book)?

You trying too hard.
Just making sure you know...I don't Rivers for all of the reasons you just stated.

You're wasting your time explaining that to some who are dead set on this season being something we can salvage. Our season went tits up when JW's ACL popped. It was already on life support before it started w/ MT's ankle, but this team right now we're fielding isn't a 40 year old fat quarterback away from doing anything.

Just making sure you know...I don't Rivers for all of the reasons you just stated.

You're wasting your time explaining that to some who are dead set on this season being something we can salvage. Our season went tits up when JW's ACL popped. It was already on life support before it started w/ MT's ankle, but this team right now we're fielding isn't a 40 year old fat quarterback away from doing anything.
I am holding out hope they get healthy down the stretch, but the sheer volume of injuries just since JW went down increasingly makes a playoff run unlikely. Even if they do stay in the 7th spot, I would rather see what the rest of the current QB room can do than bring in “Old Man Rivers.”

Consider Ole Man Rivers and insurance policy if Hill goes down. Hate Fig Newton but he came back and already won a game,

Consider Ole Man Rivers and insurance policy if Hill goes down. Hate Fig Newton but he came back and already won a game,
Newton already knew the offense. By the time Rivers knows enough to run a skeleton offense there will be 4 games left.

You must really like to watch old guys with funny throwing motions and zero mobility throw checks downs if your wish for this season is to see Phillip Rivers come out of retirement in December and play for the Saints.

I go back to what Rivers did last year and have no issue with it But that is a fair point with Newton.

Like to see what Taysom can do. Rivers as insurance for now.

• 1Clown
Reactions: dtc
I was pro Simien but his lack of mobility makes it that much easier for the defense. TH gives the defense something else to prepare for.

This team is still in the thick of the playoff hunt. Said fat QB is no fatter than he was when he took the Colts to 11-5.

Rivers signed with the Colts in March of 2020 and had the off-season to get ready.

Chances of him coming here with 7 games to go, pick things up quickly enough, and be a difference maker to the outcome of this season seems remarkably low now.

Like to see what Taysom can do. Rivers as insurance for now.
Insurance for what??? This roster aint going anywhere...I don't want them to tank, but I also know that we're not getting to the big game and taking home the Lombardi...so once you accept that then what's the point of spending money on an old guy for half a season when you can use this time to either develop your young QB or see what you have in a guy you inexplicably keep throwing money at.

Insurance for what??? This roster aint going anywhere...I don't want them to tank, but I also know that we're not getting to the big game and taking home the Lombardi...so once you accept that then what's the point of spending money on an old guy for half a season when you can use this time to either develop your young QB or see what you have in a guy you inexplicably keep throwing money at.
Insurance to injury to Hill or if Hill struggles Rivers could be ready for post season. The point is is that there is still a chance, regardless of how minute it might be. Accept??? Why accept? If you really feel that way go perhaps go fishing on the weekends and come back next year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom