We.. (1 Viewer)

DEUCERICKBOY02

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
arent an elite team. We are a good team but an elite team would not have lost to them. It was unacceptable and should never have happen. When we finally do get good good corners and speed on the edges then and only the will we contend.

So I guess the Pats suck too. And Atl? Give me a break. We don't need a secondary any better than what we have now. We cost ourselves the game against Baltimore AND Pitt with turnovers. Period.

We need a superstar corner. We have a championship offense and a horrible defense.

I actually agree that we aren't an elite team YET. Only due to the fact that we turn the ball over too much. Other than that we can compete with any team in the league. Our record and past games have shown that.

I don't believe that we can be out matched by anyone. We just need to take care of the ball better to consider ourselves an elite team.

There aren't any "elite" teams in this league anymore.

So I guess the Pats suck too. And Atl? Give me a break. We don't need a secondary any better than what we have now. We cost ourselves the game against Baltimore AND Pitt with turnovers. Period.

When reggie turned it over and ben throw the td to number 80 that was the offenses fault but after that it was lack of defense. Willie Parker running on the edges like he did would have never happened if they had speed on the edges.

New England losing to the mighty jets (at home) are? Oh what about the loser of Chicago/Giants tonight? They are elite?

I've got news for you. With the exceptions of the Colts, there are a bunch of very good teams.

Do we have a suspect secondary? No doubt. This has been Payton's only mistake this year is that he relied on Craft and some other 2nd rate db's. He should have made have brought in some db help before the trade deadline.

Do we have a suspect secondary? No doubt. This has been Payton's only mistake this year is that he relied on Craft and some other 2nd rate db's. He should have made have brought in some db help before the trade deadline.

Everyone knew we couldn't fix everything in one year.. There was just too much to fix at once..We are Blessed to have the record we have. This team will only get better...

When reggie turned it over and ben throw the td to number 80 that was the offenses fault but after that it was lack of defense. Willie Parker running on the edges like he did would have never happened if they had speed on the edges.

The point I was making was that you will NEVER get a team that is going to excel on offense and defense. Look at NE. When someone gets notice for being good at their position, they go somewhere where they can get "paid" and they will. If you get a bunch of players that can play well together and complement each other, then you will wikn games. You just can't turn the ball over.

I am not into really placing blame, but 18 just had too many drops today, including the game ender. I can give him a pass on the fat that it may have been a hard hit, but I was so angry I didn't watch the hit after I saw the replay indicating his knee didn't hit the ground.

We have the peices on ofense to take this team anywhere we want to go. Payton will probaly have all the recievers playing with 20lb gloves this week to make sure this dropfest doesn't happen again.

Steelers weren't elite last year and they won the Super Bowl.

The Colts have been elite the past 3 years and have 0 Super Bowls to show for it.

I agree with you about the turnovers, but are you serious about not needing a secondary any better than what we have now? And this assessment is based on what? The fact we have won 40 Superbowls in a row now?!

Because unless that is the case, EVERY team should ALWAYS be looking to upgrade the weakest link in the chain. Right now, that appears to be the defense; and on the defense, that appears to be the secondary. We NEED improvement there if this defense is going to get any better; we NEED this defense to get better if we want to accomplish more than "one and done" in the playoffs...

If we can't cover any better on defense, then I'd prefer a band of thieves back there!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom