Weak NFC South next year? (1 Viewer)

Reggie09MVP

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Is this potentially the best season for a new Saints coach?
If Brady goes, Bucs, Carolina and Atlanta should all be mediocre.
I like our chances with DA and Aaron Glenn running our Defense.
Payton leaving probably closes the door on a top FA QB. But let’s get back to running the football with a healthy OL, 14,41 and a rookie RB.
Man, sad to see Payton go all the same.

This whole era of the NFL is good for a new coach. There isn't a dominate team when you look around the league. The '21 Saints team nearly made the playoffs with all the obstacles they had to overcome. After the initial shock of Payton's announcement wore off yesterday, I began to feel a sense of excitement about what the future may hold. Its not a doom and gloom, the sky is falling situation like some people are making it out to be. I knew this day was going to come some day and this is as good a time as any. I'm optimistic.

Payton leaving probably closes the door on a top FA QB. But let’s get back to running the football with a healthy OL, 14,41 and a rookie RB.
I feel like Payton stepping away has Brady coming back.

Its not a doom and gloom, the sky is falling situation like some people are making it out to be. I knew this day was going to come some day and this is as good a time as any. I'm optimistic.
I agree. Depending on the moves this team makes on the coaching staff and personnel at key positions, the Saints are still very much 10+ win team. Maybe more if things come together.

I agree. Depending on the moves this team makes on the coaching staff and personnel at key positions, the Saints are still very much 10+ win team. Maybe more if things come together.

The last 2 times the Saints were changing head coaches they were coming off 3-13 seasons and looking at complete rebuilds. Both times in the new coaches 1st season they won the division and advanced in the playoffs. This team doesn't need as much of a rebuild as those teams did. The only difference now is the bar has been raised and winning the division and deep playoff runs are what's expected.

With all the turmoil and transition within the NFC South next year it's possible the Clowns might be the South leader. They would be the only team with an entrenched QB after all. Might be another cold day in hell again.

With all the turmoil and transition within the NFC South next year it's possible the Clowns might be the South leader. They would be the only team with an entrenched QB after all. Might be another cold day in hell again.
Ryan isn’t the same Ryan from 2010. They are bad.

Ryan isn’t the same Ryan from 2010. They are bad.
I agree totally yet he's the lone ranger remaining among starting QBs. The saving grace being they are still Atlanta and a perennial basket case.

Our division has the potential to be the worst in the NFL if Brady retires.

Has real shot that the division winner is no better than 8-9.

All four will be in search of their next QB through this year’s draft or free agency. Pitiful QB comimg for all 4 teams if none land their next QB.

New Coach and New QB could come in and easily win this division with our defense if Brady retires.

New Coach and New QB could come in and easily win this division with our defense if Brady retires.

If Brady were planning to retire, wouldn’t he already have announced it or at least hinted strongly at it, or would he wait til after the SB for maximum attention?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom