Weak NFC South next year? (1 Viewer)

If Brady were planning to retire, wouldn’t he already have announced it or at least hinted strongly at it, or would he wait til after the SB for maximum attention?
He is due a roster bonus of $15/M on the 3 or 4 of February. He can retire the day after and keep it.

Is this potentially the best season for a new Saints coach?
If Brady goes, Bucs, Carolina and Atlanta should all be mediocre.
I like our chances with DA and Aaron Glenn running our Defense.
Payton leaving probably closes the door on a top FA QB. But let’s get back to running the football with a healthy OL, 14,41 and a rookie RB.
Man, sad to see Payton go all the same.
On paper, I think you're right. However, you never really know what's going to happen or how a season is going to go until you get into it. Let's hope that with a good draft and some savvy FA moves (especially at QB), the Saints are right back on top again. I'm assuming the HC will be DA, and that is certainly another wildcard factor in this discussion.

Is this potentially the best season for a new Saints coach?
If Brady goes, Bucs, Carolina and Atlanta should all be mediocre.
I like our chances with DA and Aaron Glenn running our Defense.
Payton leaving probably closes the door on a top FA QB. But let’s get back to running the football with a healthy OL, 14,41 and a rookie RB.
Man, sad to see Payton go all the same.
Aaron Glenn is the DC for the Lions.

I am aware. But he played college ball with DA and coached here with him. I spoke with the presumption that he would want to come and coach here, being the Saints are better than the Lions
Really uncommon for lateral moves regarding coaches. They don't get to just bail on their contract and go coach for another team.

Whole NFC looks weak, looked weak this year.

I dont think thats going to change any going into 2022 season, the AFC though is what the NFC looked like in years past.

I personally like our chances, but that is not saying much. I wouldn't be surprise if 10 wins is all that is needed to win the division. That being said, turnarounds seem to happen a lot; personnel and chemistry is often the ingredient that can turn a meh team into the team to bet in one year.

----

Really uncommon for lateral moves regarding coaches. They don't get to just bail on their contract and go coach for another team.
Course they do, if they are paid more and or have a path to further job progression from taking that position. No different from any other job.

Weak as hell potentially. Watson could swing it for Bucs maybe panthers(Longshot)

Course they do, if they are paid more and or have a path to further job progression from taking that position. No different from any other job.
I'm not saying you're wrong, but I disagree. The coaches sign a contract with the team they are working for. Unless the team decides to "let" them out of the contract or they are able to go from a lesser to a greater role (DB coach to D coordinator). Lateral moves are very uncommon and it's not treated like either of our jobs.

Like this week, the Panthers have "lost" 3 assistant coaches to lateral moves, but media members have noted that Matt Rhule is trying to reshape his coaching staff.

Carolina might trade for KIRK COUSINS!!!!

There will be a bidding WAR for KIRK COUSINS!!!

Trade us all of your draft picks now for KIRK COUSINS so your division foes don't get KIRK COUSINS first!

Look at all the TD's KIRK COUSINS can throw!!!

Let’s not forget why Brady chose the Bucs. He had an easy pathway to success. That roster is loaded with talent everywhere. They are a lot like the Saints this season, but with a more proven HC and offensive skill players that aren’t facing league discipline or coming of a season long injury.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom