Votes: 24 40.0%

• Total voters

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm trying to gauge this market. I wanted to survey the crowd here about their use and feelings about wearables.

I got my mother-in-law a Fitbit for Christmas and I wasn't sure if it would be easy enough for her to adopt in daily use. She's a runner and walks alot with her father (my 92-year old grandfather-in-law) and I thought if it was intuitive enough, she would like it. She texted me yesterday that she loves it and uses its functions everyday. I'm a bit surprised but pleasantly so.

I think the first wave of adoption of health/fitness wearables like Fitbit and the broader platform devices, most notable the Apple watch, is over and the question for this market becomes how demand grows among more casual (less tech or health device oriented) users. That will determine whether the market remains niche or breaks out.

they will have to do a heck of a lot more than what they do now before I am interested.

on the other hand (SWIDT) if I still had one of these, I would still be wearing it'

nelsonic.jpg

my wife got me a fitbit 2 bdays ago and I wore it for awhile, but it fell by the wayside
I was especially in tracking my diet and having that be part of my fitness regime, but the process was just too clunky for me

i would try an Apple Watch though

I just have no desire to spend 4 times too much money to be on the cutting edge of a technology like this. Soon they will be far more advanced, less glitchy and way less expensive.

I would expect to want one in the next couple of years. And what happens to me for waiting until they are ubiquitous? Well I will be less cool of course; right in my comfort zone.

I have a Garmin Vivoactive HR. It would compare with the Fitbit Surge based on the poll options. I wear it almost everyday. For me, the primary uses are it's GPS capability during my walking and running, and the heart rate monitoring. When I'm jogging, I want to know my heart rate so I know if I'm pushing too hard, and need to slow down a bit so I don't tire out too quickly. I don't need to text from it or answer phone calls. It suits my needs.

Bought an Apple watch when they first came out. Paid $700-$800 for the never version. I barely wear it because I know how much I spend and don't want to damage it. I would get much more use from the cheaper version.

Also wore a Jawbone Up for a while and it was good. After a while I just got tired of it not having a screen to check anything, found myself constantly checking my phone.

Have a 42mm black, series 2 Apple Watch and that **** is doper than 3 kilos of Colombian bam bam.

I have the first generation Moto 360. I bought a generic steel band off Amazon and love it. Once it's up and running, it's fantastic. It integrates with Google Fit. It is however finally starting to go belly up on the battery power, so I considering a FitBit Charge2 as a cheaper alternative, with less functionality. I just don't really care for the options as far as the bands are concerned.

Have an ASUS 1st gen ZenWatch (Android Wear) and I love it. The one advantage it has amongst all else is that it actually save on my phone's battery life as I don't have to worry about constantly turning the phone on when notifications come in. It's integrated with Google Fit and Jawbone UP. The only thing I don't like about it is that the heart rate monitor is on the top of the phone, so you have to place your fingers on top to get a reading.

I'll probably upgrade once Android Wear v. 2.0 is released.

Nope no interest dont trust those things , thats another way for them to track you.

Oh man, at the risk of tossing this thread on a ridiculous (but not unusual) tangent, I'll engage.

If it's "another way" of tracking you what's the harm? "They" are already doing it right? Also, who's they and what are you trying to hide from whomever they might be?

Oh man, at the risk of tossing this thread on a ridiculous (but not unusual) tangent, I'll engage.

If it's "another way" of tracking you what's the harm? "They" are already doing it right? Also, who's they and what are you trying to hide from whomever they might be?

Lol just messing with you guys Chuck , to be Honest i would try out the apple watch, and by the way They always mean the UN .

I have a Pebble Time and I love it.
RIP Pebble.
:jpshakehead:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom