Weather in Buffalo: First estimate ...not good! (1 Viewer)

Thursday update.

Still looks like rain, but the question now is not "if," but how much.

Complicated picture right now because it appears 2 weather separate systems will merge, then move into the area.

Right now, it appears that rainfall amounts will NOT be heavy before gametime. There is a STRONG cold front that will be approaching from the northwest, but it looks like they'll get the game in before it arrives.

Winds should be about 15mph, with higher gusts throughout the day.

Let 'em play the game!

:gosaints:

Last edited:
I saw a thread on one of the Bills' boards saying how, if it rained, it would negatively affect the Saints.

I don't get this reasoning. Wouldn't the ball and turf be slippery for both teams? What, do they practice with sprinklers on?

I'm bringing my trusty hoody but it probably won't be much rain that'll fall more than the beer and insults my way.....:spit:

Thursday update.

Still looks like rain, but the question now is not "if," but how much.

Complicated picture right now because it appears 2 weather separate systems will merge, then move into the area.

Right now, it appears that rainfall amounts will NOT be heavy before gametime. There is a STRONG cold front that will be approaching from the northwest, but it looks like they'll get the game in before it arrives.

Winds should be about 15mph, with higher gusts throughout the day.

Let 'em play the game!

:gosaints:

The info I have says the rain will be over well before game time. Hopefully their stadium has a good drainage system and they use a tarp.

I saw a thread on one of the Bills' boards saying how, if it rained, it would negatively affect the Saints.

I don't get this reasoning. Wouldn't the ball and turf be slippery for both teams? What, do they practice with sprinklers on?

saints are still a pass first team no matter how good bell has ran it

Rain equalizes teams. Uncertainty in terrain and the elements damages both teams, but it does more damage to the better team. Worse teams always want incliment weather because when everyone is making mistakes, they have a better shot to win.

flippy said:
Remember the weather in London last year??? Didn't seem to make a difference huh...?

Let me refresh your memory, then.

First, the rain wasn't pouring down during the game. It rained and rained a lot in the days preceding the game. It was a light rain during the game.

Second, Duece reinjured his knee in that game, which was probably the single most detrimental moment of the Saints' season last year. Deuce had a very good first quarter and then slipped on the rain-soaked grass and messed up his knee again.

Third, yes wet grass favors receivers, BOTH teams' receivers.

Fourth, hard rain and wind does NOT favor quarterbacks or the passing game itself. In fact, it makes it next to impossible. (See Tampa Bay fiasco last year.)

Fifth, the weather being predicted for Buffalo on Sunday sounds like the weather in Tampa Bay last year NOT the weather in London last year.

Sixth, the big question is, has Sean Payton learned his lesson, i.e., HIS OFFENSE IS NOT BIGGER THAN THE WEATHER. In a monsoon, do what you're supposed to do. Run the ball, punt, play solid defense, and force the other guy to make the mistakes, i.e., turn the ball over.

Rain equalizes teams. Uncertainty in terrain and the elements damages both teams, but it does more damage to the better team. Worse teams always want incliment weather because when everyone is making mistakes, they have a better shot to win.
they dont want to be blowed out!!!!!!!!!!!! an they know the saints are the better team,

The saying goes that sloppy playing conditions benefit the offensive team since the offensive players know where they are going and the defensive players are just reacting. Now, after seeing our offense on a level playing field for two games, I'm just wondering what they'll look like when they a have a little advantage over the defense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom