Weather in Buffalo: First estimate ...not good! (2 Viewers)

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
FYI: ...former military meteorologist here.

I'll take a look at the weather pattern over the next few days, and bump this thread each day.

First look shows a weather system that will bring significant rain across the area. It may also be slightly windy. Not liking the first extended forecast at all. But we'll have a better idea as gameday approaches.

A sloppy field will SIGNIFICANTLY impact the timing of routes, as well as blocking up front (for our OL). :covri:

:gosaints:

Last edited:
Accuweather forecast for Buffalo, NY
Sunday, Sep 27
High: 69 °F RealFeel®: 65 °F
Mainly cloudy and breezy with a couple of showers possible

FYI: ...former military meteorologist here.

I'll take a look at the weather pattern over the next few days, and bump this thread each day.

First look shows a weather system that will bring significant rain across the area. It may also be slightly windy. Not liking the first extended forecast at all. But we'll have a better idea as gameday approaches.

A sloppy field will SIGNIFICANTLY impact the timing of routes, as well as blocking up front (for our OL). :covri:

:gosaints:

The field shouldn't get too sloppy. I'm pretty sure they've got the field turf, so it might only be a little slick. It'll impact our passing game somewhat, but I don't think it should be too much of a problem.

Well Buffalo has to play in the same weather and even though Fred Jackson has played very well so far, they're not exactly a power house running team. With Lynch still out, they don't have much depth behind Jackson.

SaintsReport forecast for Buffalo, NY
Sunday, Sep 27
High: 69 °F
Breesy with a couple of TDs, down-pours in the running game, chances of stadium clearing in the 3rd QTR.

Its always said that defenders have a harder time keeping up w/ the WRs, on a slippery field, because they are reacting, so that can work for both teams. I think SP learned alot in that TB game last year, and will game plan accordingly.

It does look like a storm system up that way at some point either late in the weekend or early next week. To early to say for sure what the weather will be like on Sunday though.

The field is that astroplay (or whatever) stuff... thats the synthetic grass with rubber pellets... the field won't be a problem as much as wet footballs and probably some wind affecting the passes. But the field will be just fine. All the players will have to worry about from the field is wiping those damm wet black rubber things on them when they get tackled. :hihi:

From what I can see this far out is that the game will be played before the system moves in so they can expect southeasterly winds about 12 knots with cloudy skies. It looks as though the rain will move in at about 8pm so after the game.

I have never forecasted for NY, but the amount of tools availalbe to do so make it so easy compared to where I am stationed now in Tokyo, Japan. It is hard as hell to forecast for here because of the Japanese Alps, the Pacific Ocean, Tokyo Bay, local effects from the city and the fact that it is a data sparse area with no radar coverage, nothing like what is available in the states.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom