Weather Update for NFC Championship game (1 Viewer)

Saintman2884

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I don't know how cold the original Ice Bowl was, but it seems like tomorrow's game in Green Bay will be a similar type affair.

The wind chill will be in the -30's and the actual temperature will be around 3 to -4.

Frozen Tundra indeed.

I feel for any body who has to play in this type of weather, I think this gives Green Bay an obvious advantage

cowboys didn't fair too bad in the ice bowl game

don't count out the g-men just yet

Yes and No,Skip. They played good enough to win but the Packers under Lombardi always had a way of wearing their opponents down. As good as Landry was and would be, he could never beat Lombardi at a fair game or any game at all. If you see any photos of that game or film footage, the cowboys just got worn out by the weather as it went on. It would be exhausting to play in that type of weather for any player. The Packers really have an advantage playing in harsh conditions, hell just look at the Sea hawks game last week. They looked lost out their in the blizzard. That really helped the Pack win that game IMHO

When I put in a "worldwide remote" request for my first duty station I was really choosing one of two places: Thule, Greenland or San Fernando, Philippines. I'm glad I know Tagalog instead of fifty ways to say snow.

wallace.jpg

Yes and No,Skip. They played good enough to win but the Packers under Lombardi always had a way of wearing their opponents down. As good as Landry was and would be, he could never beat Lombardi at a fair game or any game at all. If you see any photos of that game or film footage, the cowboys just got worn out by the weather as it went on. It would be exhausting to play in that type of weather for any player. The Packers really have an advantage playing in harsh conditions, hell just look at the Sea hawks game last week. They looked lost out their in the blizzard. That really helped the Pack win that game IMHO

So, why did the Packers lose to the Bears in a bitterly cold game this season and Favre commented that the cold weather effected him?

I dont think it puts the Giants at that big of a disadvantage. I think the Packers will win straight up because they are the better team.

The main problem with weather that cold will be the football. They get very slippery and hard in those temps. Lots of issues catching and holding onto the ball. Turnover city man!

it's the 21 century....playing football on a rock-like field is stupid.
I don't think the best team wins, and the games get boring real fast because all you can do is run by the second half.....no games in Jan. unless there in Domes....i watched Superbowl 2 on teleivision and thought it was a bad game then.....

When I put in a "worldwide remote" request for my first duty station I was really choosing one of two places: Thule, Greenland or San Fernando, Philippines. I'm glad I know Tagalog instead of fifty ways to say snow.

wallace.jpg

Its funny how they named Greenland (Thule) and Iceland (keflavic)... You'd think Greenland was nice and tropical... and taht Iceland would be the frozen tundra year-round... not the case at all.. its totally opposite... Iceland is very green... and greenland is very icy :hahahaha:

I served in the AF for 9 years and had friends that were stationed in both locations... there's a story behind the naming of those places but I don't remember the details...

it's the 21 century....playing football on a rock-like field is stupid.
I don't think the best team wins, and the games get boring real fast because all you can do is run by the second half.....no games in Jan. unless there in Domes....i watched Superbowl 2 on teleivision and thought it was a bad game then.....

The field will not be frozen. It has heating cools underneath.

Heating system: Installed in 2007 and contains more than 30 miles of radiant heating pipe, which can maintain a root-zone temperature of 55-plus degrees to keep the ground from freezing during the season's latter months. First system was put in by Vince Lombardi for 1967 season (failed during Ice Bowl).

http://www.lambeaufield.com/stadium_info/history/

If any of you are going to the game you'd better bring a jacket or atleast a sweater and wear 2 pair of socks if your sneakers are big enough. A cap would also be handy.

If any of you are going to the game you'd better bring a jacket or atleast a sweater and wear 2 pair of socks if your sneakers are big enough. A cap would also be handy.

Are you joking? The weather up there is going to be brutal. Two socks from TG&Y won't help.

At least your beer wont get warm...always look for the silver lining!

So, why did the Packers lose to the Bears in a bitterly cold game this season and Favre commented that the cold weather effected him?

Chicago is 3 hours from GB, its basically a wash as far as harsh winter weather is concerned.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom