Website issues (duplicate posts) (1 Viewer)

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've noticed more and more lately database errors during posting. This often is leading to double and sometimes more posting. I'm not sure if it's related to the browser used or to something with the website/server.

At first I thought maybe it was temporary, but it seems like it's been going on a while. Could someone maybe explain what's causing the issue?

I never really noticed happening much until last night. I saw it happen to a few other posters too.

I've noticed more and more lately database errors during posting. This often is leading to double and sometimes more posting. I'm not sure if it's related to the browser used or to something with the website/server.

At first I thought maybe it was temporary, but it seems like it's been going on a while. Could someone maybe explain what's causing the issue?

It's been happening to me on a regular basis for a few months now.

Glad to know I'm not the only one, but I don't have an explanation.

I've actually gotten into the habit lately of copying my posts when I get the spinning page load of death. That way after the database error occurs, when I log back in, I can 1st check to see if my post made it and if not I can paste without having to start all over.

It seems to be intermittent, and we haven't figured it out yet.

Definitely intermittent. I originally commented on this thread, no problem, 5 minutes later, posted on the discontinued food thread. Poof, database error.

It'll get worked out for sure. The SR IT team is the bomb.

I just figured it was my computer or internet. Been happening a lot. The site acts like it hangs after hitting submit, then goes to database error.

I don't post a lot but I've noticed it too. The timeout also happens when you click the "Preview Post" button.

It seems that the actual database record is usually saved. It kind of seems that the execution timeout of the page is set before the transaction timeout of the database.

Edit: It just did it on this post. I clicked save was able to count to 30 and then received a database error message. However, the post actually was saved to the DB.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-01-30 at 10.06.19 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-01-30 at 10.06.19 AM.png
    29.2 KB · Views: 44
I just figured it was my computer or internet. Been happening a lot. The site acts like it hangs after hitting submit, then goes to database error.

Seeing it fairly often as well though it does accept my post.

What s the correct spelling for apologise/apologize? I do not ever recall seeing it spelled apologise yet the online dictionary says it is correct??? My spell checker says it is wrong.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-01-30 at 10.06.19 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-01-30 at 10.06.19 AM.png
    31.8 KB · Views: 27
It seems to be intermittent, and we haven't figured it out yet.

Right. You and Mike are on strike for a few extra bucks. You know exactly what's wrong. You pulled the Ethernet cable and the token fell out and you won't put it back.

Seeing it fairly often as well though it does accept my post.

What s the correct spelling for apologise/apologize? I do not ever recall seeing it spelled apologise yet the online dictionary says it is correct??? My spell checker says it is wrong.

Pretty sure apologise is British.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom