Wednesday Injury Report (1 Viewer)

If Harris and Callaway are both OUT this Sunday, who is back at Punt Returner? KR doesn’t matter as much, but the PR could play a big role (especially if they screw anything up! They just need a guy that’s really good at catching punts to go back there and fair-catch successfully.
Carr most likely. He was fielding punts late in the game against Denver

They have to stop using Deonte Harris as anything but a returner. They're gonna get him killed.

Taking a pessimistic view... and all of these players are held out of action this Sunday (those who DNP)...

I feel pretty good about P-Rob in spot start duty for JackRabbit.

Callaway and Harris being out really makes the return game questionable. The thought of TLL makes my stomach hurt...

The OL can still be effective if Armstead has to wait another week... I would hope to keep Peat at LG, Hurst at LT, and Easton at RG
Carr will handle kickoff and punt return duties. Sure handed and smart, but not a game changing player. We’ll be fine as such. But not having Harris in the offense, is definitely a bigger problem.

Kick returns aren’t as important as punt returns because:
1. Most kicks reach the end zone.
2. There’s much more time to field the ball cleanly and pick a running lane.
3. The Saints defense has been playing well enough that there aren’t too many KR opportunities.

Punt Returns are a different animal. The player often has to field the punt with players all around him... and the ball has to be caught cleanly or the chances of a turnover are very high.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom