Wednesday's injury report (1 Viewer)

The fact that Hendrickson is leading the Saints in Sacks is a huge problem. It means Cam Jordan isn't able to break free and cause Havoc. I've also have hardly noticed Onyemata in the games so far. He just signed a decent contract and would've hoped more from him. I get he has a sack but other than that he has seemed to be a non factor.

The draft is a crap shoot. Always is and always will be. But there is a greater chance of rolling 6,7,8 than a 4 or 12, those are just the facts. You have a much better chance of getting a great player in the early first round than later in the draft.

Let's look at the Saints pick in 2018 that they gave up, pick #27. The Saints "needed" another DE, most people agree. Let's just assume they would have gone with who could have been the BPA at THAT position in 2018 and drafted THAT player in 2018. The actual next DE drafted in 2018, after pick #27, was at pick #46. Again, lets just assume this player was the next best DE on the Saints draft board and they pulled the trigger. The player from from Mississippi and was Breeland Speaks, considered an EDGE type of DE. He was drafted by Kansas City, he was cut after missing all of 2019 with an ACL injury and had a try out with Seattle a couple of weeks ago. The next big pick the Saints "gave up" was pick #30 in 2019. This is way more speculative, lets just go with the player who was actually drafted at pick #30, an area of constant need by every NFL, that area being CB. The player who was drafted at pick #30, by the NY Giants was CB, Deandre Baker. His story has been in the news, the Giants cut him on Sept 8, 2020.
When you get a player that works he is worth the draft picks. Davenport has been a very good player. The Saints miss him in the lineup. Everytime he has been out the Saints D-Line is not the same and they have trouble getting consistent pressure on the QB especially fleet of foot ones such as Carr

The fact that Hendrickson is leading the Saints in Sacks is a huge problem. It means Cam Jordan isn't able to break free and cause Havoc. I've also have hardly noticed Onyemata in the games so far. He just signed a decent contract and would've hoped more from him. I get he has a sack but other than that he has seemed to be a non factor.

Not worried about Cam, there are some monster OL in the NFL that stone almost anyone. The Raider's backups were good. Onyemata is making plays and getting pressure. I have a feeling Dav will play this week.

Not worried about Cam, there are some monster OL in the NFL that stone almost anyone. The Raider's backups were good. Onyemata is making plays and getting pressure. I have a feeling Dav will play this week.
Agreed! Remember when Ram stonewalled JJ Watt for no stats? Pretty sure JJ still had a good season. There are just certain match ups that are usually one sided. Remember Willie Roaf’s nemesis was Chuck Smith for the Falcons. Every time they played he made Willie look bad. I’m not worried about Cam, he was being used in coverage a lot too along with being chipped and double teamed.

He’ll be DNP all week. Add in now, the Armstead injury. We knew his name would eventually surface on the injury report.

LP today. You were saying?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom