Wednesday's injury report (1 Viewer)

Davenport on the injury report again... feel bad for the guy but yikes that trade up is looking worse by the week.

It is slowly looking like that's the direction it may go but that's the gamble of the draft look how Clowney has turned out or even Baker Mayfield is kind of mediocre so far. In the future I hope we don't do that again. We could have had Lamar Jackson without trading picks but then again who new he would be this good..I personally thought he would be the one getting injured because of his physical stature and gameplay. I hope Davenport turns out but I can't believe how hard it is for us to find a de.

If Davenport misses this week, why wasn’t he in IR? They have to think he returns this week or what was the point?

I guess they were hopeful he would return, but being hopeful doesn't always make something happen. Hopefully he does at least get a day of practice and some limited game snaps. Very anxious to see how he looks, but if he's not healthy, then he probably won't look good.

Last thing we need is Devenport AND his backup on this list. Hendrickson performed admirably. Granderson time??? Jordan needs someone on the other side

Davenport on the injury report again... feel bad for the guy but yikes that trade up is looking worse by the week.
No it still a good trade up, hes already shown pro bowl level talent. You dont know who ever we would've picked besides Davenport would've not had injury problems. It's not like he was injury prone in college and we got damage goods.
Hes a good player. I dont regret the pick.

For what its worth, they didnt practice today. So it's just a designation on "would be" participation.. tomorrow's practice means a lot more.

If it was, you would think he would have been placed on IR.

That's what I'm saying.

If he isn't practicing yet, im not understanding why he wasn't placed on injured reserve.

I'm hoping we at least see a little improvement in his status this week.

Hes so talented, its such a shame he is always hurt

I wish they would say what is wrong with his elbow. There are lots of DL's that play with those huge arm braces. JJ Watt has worn one for years it seems. Gronk wore one as well his last two years.

Seeing Trey Hendrickson on that report is just as bad. He's solid depth in the DE rotation.
Solid depth? You meant to say, solid starter. He only has two sacks in the two games, a number of QB pressures, a number of hits and tackles behind the LOS and he is solid depth? Good lord! The guy is an emerging talent.

Last thing we need is Devenport AND his backup on this list. Hendrickson performed admirably. Granderson time??? Jordan needs someone on the other side
He does. Hendrickson. Even when Davenport returns, Hendrickson will be the starter. The Davenport experiment is drying up rapidly.

For what its worth, they didnt practice today. So it's just a designation on "would be" participation.. tomorrow's practice means a lot more.
He’ll be DNP all week. Add in now, the Armstead injury. We knew his name would eventually surface on the injury report.

I’ve stated it before, and I’ll state it again... Michael Thomas will return before Davenport plays his first snap this season... if Davenport ever even plays a snap this season.
The longer Davenport is out, the more likely (IMHO) that he ends up having season-ending elbow surgery.

The reason why it seldom makes sense to trade two high draft picks for one is that the odds on high draft picks making it are 50/50. If you keep your picks you have a good chance that one of the two will be good.

The reason why it seldom makes sense to trade two high draft picks for one is that the odds on high draft picks making it are 50/50. If you keep your picks you have a good chance that one of the two will be good.
What fans always do is think of a blank canvas. An illusory idea of a player taken at a certain spot. Of course he could be anything. Get all the picks. At least half of them will be worth it, right? Numbers game.

What it seems like the staff does is look at a specific player. The player whose film we watched. The player whose coaches we've interviewed. The player who we worked out once. The player who when we worked out later and told him to practice XYZ and see how he's improved over a month and change.

I fully get how the guy on their whiteboard might be worth that pick and a pick next year they haven't even spoken to yet. Not if he impresses them THAT much. Not when the player is at a position that is one of the most valuable after the guy who protects the man who throws the ball and the guy who throws the ball.

The draft is a crap shoot. Always is and always will be. But there is a greater chance of rolling 6,7,8 than a 4 or 12, those are just the facts. You have a much better chance of getting a great player in the early first round than later in the draft.

Let's look at the Saints pick in 2018 that they gave up, pick #27. The Saints "needed" another DE, most people agree. Let's just assume they would have gone with who could have been the BPA at THAT position in 2018 and drafted THAT player in 2018. The actual next DE drafted in 2018, after pick #27, was at pick #46. Again, lets just assume this player was the next best DE on the Saints draft board and they pulled the trigger. The player was from Mississippi and was Breeland Speaks, considered an EDGE type of DE. He was drafted by Kansas City, he was cut after missing all of 2019 with an ACL injury and had a try out with Seattle a couple of weeks ago. The next big pick the Saints "gave up" was pick #30 in 2019. This is way more speculative, lets just go with the player who was actually drafted at pick #30, an area of constant need by every NFL, that area being CB. The player who was drafted at pick #30, by the NY Giants, was CB, Deandre Baker. His story has been in the news, the Giants cut him on Sept 8, 2020.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom