WEEK 1 Stats (1 Viewer)

SaintsFanInLA

BREES SMASH!!
Reaction score
Today is not over but I think we can all see what the problem is. Once again...SIGH. Just so freaking frustrating constantly being under .500 with this offense.

Offense:

Total Yards:
1. New Orleans Saints 507

Passing Yards:
1. New Orleans Saints Drew Brees 423

Passing TDs
1. New Orleans Saints Drew Brees 4
1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers Jameis Winston 4

Defense

Yards Allowed
1. Oakland Raiders 507
2. New Orleans Saints 486

Points Allowed
1. New Orleans Saints 35

The ONLY team to allow more yards is the team who beat us. I am just so fed up with this. Even though early on the defense looked pretty doggone good, once Breaux went down, this looked EXACTLY like the Saints D of the past 2-3 years. We obviously don't have depth and are paper thin to begin with. Now, It looks like the possibility that Breaux has a broken leg....SMH.

Once again, we have a Ferrari offense and a Homeless Man Defense. It's criminal how much we are wasting the talents of Drew Brees. IF this D doesn't change, this is what you'll see, close games and more losses than wins. This one was particularly disgusting because you feel that this should have been a win. But if this D continues to be on the bottom, 6-10 - 7-9 is your realistic range for this team, roof of 8-8. If the D magically becomes solid, then you have a 10-6 - 11-5 team.

Also, there is no reason you should score 34 points at home and lose. Btw, when we got the 1st and goal on the 2 and called a timeout, I was livid. WHY WASTE A TIMEOUT?! Worst case scenario, you are first and goal from the 7. You think Drew couldn't get us in from there? If so, you haven't been watching. So to sum up,our offense is number 1 and our defense is dead last. AGAIN. I wonder how many geniuses are gonna SOMEHOW pin this loss on Drew Brees not being ABSOLUTELY perfect.

Maybe I am just frustrated but it feels a lot better to start 1-0 than 0-1. The NFL is fickle and winning is one of the toughest things to do, you can't GIVE these freaking games away. SMH.

Did you honestly think this rebuilt defense would be world beater from day one? It generally takes 4-6 weeks to see them gel! We'll work it out.

Did you honestly think this rebuilt defense would be world beater from day one? It generally takes 4-6 weeks to see them gel! We'll work it out.
In no part of my post did I say world beater defense, but I'd like them not to be DEAD LAST or even in the bottom third. A middle of the pack defense and we win this game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom