Week 13 TV Maps (1 Viewer)

Yeah, your post caused me to notice something - all of the AFC South markets (HOU, JAX, IND, TEN) have the Rams/Cards game, even though there's no relationship for those markets to that game.

I wonder why that is? It's a possible coincidence but I doubt it. That's a high correlation with no other explanation.

It stinks. I’m in Houston and there are a lot of Saints fans here, but that rarely seems to get recognized by the cable channels.

Damn, I've lived in some very non-friendly Saints areas.
Upstate NY was bad stuck in the circle of NY,NY,BUF,NE,PHI. Then surrounded by SF,OAK,SEA, now the circle is AZ,DEN,DAL,HOU.

Wow Nashville is passing on Saints/Falcons for Rams/Cards???

Yeah, your post caused me to notice something - all of the AFC South markets (HOU, JAX, IND, TEN) have the Rams/Cards game, even though there's no relationship for those markets to that game.

I wonder why that is? It's a possible coincidence but I doubt it. That's a high correlation with no other explanation.

It stinks. I’m in Houston and there are a lot of Saints fans here, but that rarely seems to get recognized by the cable channels.

Here's the answer. CBS has the double-header, not FOX. So the FOX affiliates in markets that are showing the CBS early game aren't going to compete against their home game - they're going to show the late FOX game.

The AFC South games are all on CBS early slot. The FOX affiliates in those markets are going to show in the late slot, and Rams/Cards game makes sense.

Last edited:
DirecTV and my CBS affiliate are in divorce court since the 1st so I dodged a bullet...hope to get it back soon...
Direct TV is having the same issue with the Denver local NBC channel. I was able to stream the local channel on Locast... it is available in the google store and Apple thing.... good luck, it worked great for watching the game on Wed afternoon.

I do have/had an OTA window antenna that I bought to watch the playoffs last year in my garage, and it worked great. Gave it to my daughter when she cut the cord earlier this year. I'll give DirecTV another week to iron it out before I get another...

Right on the border in SE texas of the Saints game

It's been a great year to be a Saints fan. Very little scheduling conflict with Dallas.

LA Rams and Arizona are in a lot of AFC cities for some odd reason.

LA Rams and Arizona are in a lot of AFC cities for some odd reason.

It's because FOX (which is NFC-primary) is the single-game network this week (stations can choose which timeslot to carry), CBS has the double-header. The AFC games in those markets are on CBS in the early slot, so the FOX stations in those markets are choosing the late game so that it doesn't conflict with their local-market game.

The choice for the FOX late game is either NYG/SEA or LAR/ARZ.

I do have/had an OTA window antenna that I bought to watch the playoffs last year in my garage, and it worked great. Gave it to my daughter when she cut the cord earlier this year. I'll give DirecTV another week to iron it out before I get another...

When you live in the former corn fields of Tx, that's what you get. Let's just say, I can relate.

Good, One of the few times I can watch the Saints game without streaming it

Meh, one of the few Sundays where both the Ravens and Washington FT are not playing, and still can't get a Saints game. :rant:

I guess it's stream to laptop week for me. Blah.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom