Week 2 PFF Grades (1 Viewer)

They definitely watch the games lol. Unger had some negative plays, but also had some positive plays. Offensive line play might be the easiest to grade.
They definitely watch the games lol. Unger had some negative plays, but also had some positive plays. Offensive line play might be the easiest to grade.

And Armstead basically stonewalled one of the best young DEs in the league.

Robertson had a grade of 63.9 in 2017. 2nd best of his career.

Excellent, now tell me what happened when he received majority of snaps on defence? Because our stats don’t seem to account for character, heart, or leadership. And as much as we want to make this a stats game, it’s still played in the head and the heart.

I am encouraged by our LB performance but am no where near ready to say these guys should be starting. Sorry it was still to sloppy.

Robertson had a grade of 63.9 in 2017. 2nd best of his career.

Excellent, now tell me what happened when he received majority of snaps on defence? Because our stats don’t seem to account for character, heart, or leadership. And as much as we want to make this a stats game, it’s still played in the head and the heart.

I am encouraged by our LB performance but am no where near ready to say these guys should be starting. Sorry it was still to sloppy.

I've seen the defense play like garbage with Robertson starting. Many times.

Missed the rest of replies... you think he shouldn’t? Pull his grades from every game last year and compare them if you have to.

I let my subscription for PFF run out, but none of our LBs graded out good last year except Davis who was the #8 LB overall and graded in the very high 80's. Robertson was in the "yellow" 60's which is average. It's not that Robertson has no value on defense, but at 30 year years old, he's definitely reached his ceiling.

He loses more plays than he wins. His redeeming quality is that he has a knack for coming up with a strip, a fumble recovery, or an Interception now and then. Those are good qualities, but I think our coaches are wanting to build the LB group into a group that wins a lot more plays than it loses.

Te'o for instance wins more than he loses, but doesn't flash very often at all. He offers at MLB pretty much what Robertson offers at the WLB position. We upgraded at WLB by bringing in Davis. We're trying to upgrade the MLB with Anzalone, but that's going to take some time.

Klein loses more than he wins but is very close on his loses and does have some coverage skills and speed to go with it. Against many fan's opinion... Klein IS our best option at SAM and in that role alone, he's good. If/when Anzalone takes over the MLB duties in nickel at some point, Klein will only be used on around 40% of the defensive reps as a Base-ONLY LB.

Anzalone loses more than he wins but has the speed and length that you look for when you're drafting. He's not seasoned yet but at the same time, he is nowhere near his ceiling yet.

All this above to explain why our coaches keep trying to insert Anzalone into the line-up next to Davis. Anzalone not being ready for an every down role yet is the reason we went back to our "safe-est bet" Klein-Te'o-Davis with Klein-Davis in nickel. IMO, we will continue to see Anzalone sprinkled in more and more and eventually full time if he can earn that starting role as is planned.

After going through the game a couple of times, I just can't understand why Rankins/Jordan aren't towards the top. Was happy with the improved LB play!

I definitely saw Klein flash. Very decisive in his run stuffs. Te´o, on the other hand, has too many moments where he takes a bad angle and instead of tackling the RB behind the line of scrimmage he loses him. See the Hyde TD.

I definitely saw Klein flash. Very decisive in his run stuffs. Te´o, on the other hand, has too many moments where he takes a bad angle and instead of tackling the RB behind the line of scrimmage he loses him. See the Hyde TD.

This. I haven’t rewatched the game yet but if I’m remembering right, Klein had two TFL’s in a row.

And absolutely on Te’o, that’s what stood out to me on Hyde’s TD when it happened even though it was across the Dome from my seats.

That td run was the only one I saw, one play in third down he broke the play down before the qb even threw the ball and closed in the receiver and crushed him. He isn’t perfect but he is better than anyone not named Davis

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom