Week 3 Officials: Walt Anderson & Crew (1 Viewer)

srenner

C-R-U-N-K.....
Reaction score
New Orleans at Buffalo – Walt Anderson

Referee: 66 – Walt Anderson
Umpire: 40 – Butch Hannah
Head Linesman: 110 – Phil McKinnely
Line Judge: 18 – Byron Boston
Field Judge: 43 – Terry Brown
Side Judge: 15 – Rick Patterson
Back Judge: 2 – Billy Smith

Dr. Walt Anderson is an American football official in the National Football League (NFL) since 1996. Anderson spent his first seven seasons in the NFL as a line judge before being promoted to referee for the start of the 2003 NFL season. He wears the uniform number 66.

Anderson is a 1974 graduate of Sam Houston State University in Texas and played football for the school and was a two-time Academic All-American. Wanting to stay active in football following college, Anderson decided to pursue a career in officiating.

He began officiating junior high and little leagues, high school, then eventually college. In 11 years of college experience, he worked games in the Lone Star (Division II), Southland (Division I-AA), and Southwest Athletic Conferences (Division I). At the college level, Anderson was scouted by ex-NFL officials who would looking to fill openings at the professional football level.

Anderson joined the NFL in 1996 and since then he has worked playoff games in every year of eligibility, including four Wild Card, two Divisional and three Championship games, with the pinnacle being Super Bowl XXXV in 2000. Anderson cites that Super Bowl as being his most memorable game.

On April 26, 2006, Anderson was named Coordinator of Football Officials for the Big 12 Conference.

Anderson is also a retired dentist (Doctorate of Dentistry, University of Texas Dental Branch, 1978) is married to Afshan and have five children. They currently reside in Sugarland, Texas.

http://www.football-refs.com/active-refs/walt-anderson/

Anderson did not call any Saints games last year.

Does anyone know which broadcasters are calling the game for us. I know it will be a FOX crew with the game being an away game for N.O.

Last edited:
Hochuli is one of the league's best officials; it's Mike Carey you have to worry about.

As long as we win I'll be fine with the officiating. If we lose I will be calling for their heads.

When you're discussing who is ref-ing the game. It's time to take a break.

I would rather discuss this than whether or not Reggie can run inbetween tackles or if the Saints are getting enough press from Skip Bayless. This actually has an impact on how the game will be played.

I would rather discuss this than whether or not Reggie can run inbetween tackles or if the Saints are getting enough press from Skip Bayless. This actually has an impact on how the game will be played.

Good point.

What about when you are discussing people who are discussing the officials?

Is that break time?

Because I just discussed somebody who discussed somebody who was discussing the officials.

Do I need a break too or have I come full circle to where it is OK to discuss again without breaks.

Enquiring minds want to know.:hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom