Week 3 Referee Assignment: Brad Rogers (1 Viewer)

B-Train

The West Bank's Favorite Son
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Per Football Zebras. Normally I would go to Pro-Football-Reference to pull the ref's stats, but he's only a second year referee (I had never heard of him) so it would be a small sample size. Now that I'm kind of out of my post-MNF funk, I am starved for football info so figured I would pass along. Here's an excerpt from USA Today SaintsWire:

So we’re on to Week 3, when the Green Bay Packers will visit the Mercedes-Benz Superdome on “Sunday Night Football.” The NFL has assigned second-year referee Brad Rogers and his crew to work the game, which will be his first blush with the Saints in this role. Rogers previously served as a field judge in 2017’s Christmas Eve game between New Orleans and the Atlanta Falcons, which the Saints won 23-13.

Last year, Rogers refereed a Packers-Broncos game at Lambeau Field which Green Bay won 27-16. Denver was flagged three times for 27 yards, while the Packers were fouled seven times for 53 yards.

Now in 2020, the Packers aren’t too far behind the Saints in total penalties (14), but their penalty yards yielded is much more pedestrian (123). Both teams have plenty to clean up, and this will be a great opportunity to make some progress in the right direction.

Any crew gotta be better than last weeks. That XPT scenario where Saints took 10-0 lead was painful with flag after flag being thrown.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom