Week 7: Who do we expect to return from injury? (1 Viewer)

St.RobE

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Key missing pieces due to injury:
- Michael Thomas
- Will Lutz
- Erik McCoy
- Terron Armstead
- Marcus Davenport
- Kwon Alexander
- Taysom Hill
- Deonte Harris
- Tre’Quan Smith

Who do you think will be back to face Seattle in week 7?

(Big Onyemata will be a nice return from suspension to face the Bucs in week 8)

Considering they didn't put Armstead or McCoy on IR I'm thinking they expected them back "any day/week now..." so I'd put them as definitely returning. I'd also expect Davenport and Kwon.

Taysom and Deonte should be fine.

I don't have any clue what to expect from TQS, Thomas or Lutz though...

Coach Curtis Johnson said this week TQS and Thomas looked ready to him now. Would expect both of them on the field a full two weeks from now
To get our best receiver and best blocking receiver back...with Callaway emerging as a legit receiver...and I think Still slides in as a good #4

Not nearly as big of a weakness as it was

Let's just hope we can get and stay healthy.

Haven't heard any updates so maybe this is unfounded but I'm a bit worried about Harris as hamstrings (muscle injuries in general) can linger. Very excited about having Lutz back, McCoy and Armstead hopefully will be ready to go, and we've been waiting for the real Michael Thomas since week 2 of last season. Defensively, Werner has been a solid contributor but he's not Kwon Alexander at this point in his career. The D-line has been solid against the run but Onyemata (who I guess needs to serve one more game after the bye?) really handles his gap on almost every play he's involved in and despite his size he's no slouch when it comes to pass rushing either. Speaking of pass rush, Davenport has been missed, he plays outside contain to an extremely high level in the run game and his pass rushing ability is well understood even though his injury record means we only see it a handful of games a year. Hopefully this is his one big injury for the season.

As far as that first week goes, I think we'll see CGM and TQS back for sure, Lutz I'm not 100 about but if he's heal fine from his surgery he should be back. Hill will be back if it was just a concussion. Harris, Kwon, Davenport, McCoy and Armstead are all going to questionable that week I'd imagine, with some potential DNPs in there.

To get our best receiver and best blocking receiver back...with Callaway emerging as a legit receiver...and I think Still slides in as a good #4

Not nearly as big of a weakness as it was

Let's just hope we can get and stay healthy.
I don't put that much weight in a receiver's ability to block...I like my Ferraris to do Ferrari stuff, not haul lumber from Home Depot.

Good point. We definitely have to keep Dionte in there. I guess I have confidence in Stills and won't mind when he's in the field... whenever that is
I think you were right in your initial assessment, Stills is a better everydown player, especially since we want Harris on returns. Harris has way more potential than Stills but will probably only be used in certain situation specific roles.

I think they all will be back except for Thomas, I think he comes back week 8 if I'm not mistaken.

Haven't heard any updates so maybe this is unfounded but I'm a bit worried about Harris as hamstrings (muscle injuries in general) can linger. Very excited about having Lutz back, McCoy and Armstead hopefully will be ready to go, and we've been waiting for the real Michael Thomas since week 2 of last season. Defensively, Werner has been a solid contributor but he's not Kwon Alexander at this point in his career. The D-line has been solid against the run but Onyemata (who I guess needs to serve one more game after the bye?) really handles his gap on almost every play he's involved in and despite his size he's no slouch when it comes to pass rushing either. Speaking of pass rush, Davenport has been missed, he plays outside contain to an extremely high level in the run game and his pass rushing ability is well understood even though his injury record means we only see it a handful of games a year. Hopefully this is his one big injury for the season.

As far as that first week goes, I think we'll see CGM and TQS back for sure, Lutz I'm not 100 about but if he's heal fine from his surgery he should be back. Hill will be back if it was just a concussion. Harris, Kwon, Davenport, McCoy and Armstead are all going to questionable that week I'd imagine, with some potential DNPs in there.
Who is CGM?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom