Week 7: Who do we expect to return from injury? (1 Viewer)

I wouldn’t put TQS ahead of Harris.
I think people put way too much emphasis on the depth chart when it comes to WRs. All these guys have different roles/positions with the exception of Michael Thomas who can basically play any of the roles/positions at WR. Each one is important for the specific things they can do well. For instance TQS is a great blocker so if you are going to run the ball, you would much rather him on the side you are running to than Harris who, no matter how willing, isn't big enough to consistently block anyone.

I think they all will be back except for Thomas, I think he comes back week 8 if I'm not mistaken.
That may have been the initial expectation, but per Curtis Johnson he looks ready to go now, along with TQS. I expect both back for Seattle. We also really need Davenport b/c the lack of a pass rush is our second or third biggest concern after WR, depending on how Lutz's absence is regarded.

I could be wrong but I think the post was sarcastic as Mike has been absent for so long!
Dang. I didn't hear the sarcasm all the way over here either and I default to sarcasm. My bad.

You are kidding right?

You know outside blocking is one of the reasons AK has been so effective with YAC.

Have you noticed how much we’ve been missing that lately?

Receiver blocking can turn a nothing gain into a 10+ over and over.
No...I'm not kidding. Without our "best blocking receiver" we're still running the ball pretty well.

All I'm saying is that I want my WRs to be good at being wide receivers otherwise they're "wide blockers" in a pass oriented offensive system.

Too much emphasis is placed here on a receivers ability to block...its why we alone coveted players like Brandon Coleman while receivers like J. Jefferson and Amari Cooper get the recognition because they do the "Ferrari stuff"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom