Week 8 NFL/CFB Betting Thread (1 Viewer)

The weather actually favors the Saints. Better oline, better running back, better defense, but special teams is worrisome
Maybe, but it also helps cover up some of Seattle's flaws. They can't pass with Geno Smith and their secondary is trash. Their perfect game plan is to be able to run the ball all night and put an extra man in the box to stop the run. It may not be enough to win, but the weather makes this more competitive, I think.

And weather means flukey mistakes. I'd much rather it be sunny.

If Pelicans don't win tonight. They probably won't win a game till November.

Gonna soft protect my bet.

Pelicans ML
Pelicans +6

Maybe, but it also helps cover up some of Seattle's flaws. They can't pass with Geno Smith and their secondary is trash. Their perfect game plan is to be able to run the ball all night and put an extra man in the box to stop the run. It may not be enough to win, but the weather makes this more competitive, I think.

And weather means flukey mistakes. I'd much rather it be sunny.
Oh I agree about sunny, but nothing about them being forced to run is good for them. 16th best rushing offense missing their best back, their second best back is banged up and barley got cleared to play, and their third best back just came off IR and isn’t 100%

I also agree that the weather could make this super competitive and turnovers could cause craziness that results in a tight win or a blowout win for either team.

I was just saying we are much more built to play in this type of situation than Seattle is. Their defense is 32nd against the run, pass D is 27th

Oh I agree about sunny, but nothing about them being forced to run is good for them. 16th best rushing offense missing their best back, their second best back is banged up and barley got cleared to play, and their third best back just came off IR and isn’t 100%

I also agree that the weather could make this super competitive and turnovers could cause craziness that results in a tight win or a blowout win for either team.

I was just saying we are much more built to play in this type of situation than Seattle is. Their defense is 32nd against the run, pass D is 27th
I just need to see that turf quality. If it's a mud pit. I still get flashback to the mud bowl with Steelers vs. Miami

My gut says Seattle on the spread, we just haven’t seen a dominant performance on the road outside of maybe NE which was a good win

But, they’re 22-5 on the road since 2018

It’s all about how Winston handles the atmosphere. If we win the turnover battle we win by 10 or so

My gut says Seattle on the spread,
Unfortunately I agree. If I had no bias, I'd probably tell someone either take Seattle and the spread, or don't play it.

Remember that ugly Carolina game we had a few years ago? Or that first Tampa Bay game in 2013? Those are the games that keep popping in my head when I think about this one.

Which means don't be shocked if it's a 41-38 final :cautious:.

I’m loving the under just trying to find the guts to bet it. With these windy conditions there’s going to be little successful passing further than 15 yards down field.

Pete is going to try hard to play ball control and Saints are going to try hard to run the ball and throw underneath.

The only thing that could push this over is turnovers with short field

Smells like a 20-16 game if the wind is what I’ve read

The offensive line is all back. I think Saints got 24 points in them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom