Welcome to 2008 (1 Viewer)

RetroMcBananaFace

AKA: retrobanana
Reaction score
This is a really good team, but it is simply not our year. We've lost really close games to really good teams on bad referee calls, fluky special teams plays. We've overcome injuries, bad play, bad luck, etc. and keep bouncing back.

This team has absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. They fight hard and play well every week. I don't care what the record says. They don't play like a 4-5 team, they play like a 6-3 or 7-2 team.

We have to have faith that eventually the universe is going to cut us a freaking break and when it does, this team is going to do great things.

Well, the universe just took a steaming dump on us today. Not sure how we get in the universe's good graces, but it'll owe us an apology when it happens.

They would be 6-3 if not for... *cough* special teams.. *cough*

well that and maybe refs with an agenda.

This isn't a "really good team". They might be a heck of a lot of fun to watch on offense, but when your defense is almost dead last in the league and your special teams and kicking game is a complete joke, you have 2/3 of their team underperforming to varying degrees and a recipe for mediocrity in spite of your elite offense.

It really is a 4-5 team that is struggling to find its way.

If Payton wants to win again and really be a Super Bowl contender, then get a GREAT special teams coach and acquire better players on defense. Until then, this is the product we have to live with.

This is a really good team, but it is simply not our year. We've lost really close games to really good teams on bad referee calls, fluky special teams plays. We've overcome injuries, bad play, bad luck, etc. and keep bouncing back.

This team has absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. They fight hard and play well every week. I don't care what the record says. They don't play like a 4-5 team, they play like a 6-3 or 7-2 team.

We have to have faith that eventually the universe is going to cut us a freaking break and when it does, this team is going to do great things.

The universe already gave the Saints a break, and it's called 2009. I know we want to believe Brees is going to last forever, but he's going to be 37 in 2 months. Manning (Peyton), Elway, Marino, and Montana all retired at 38 and had terrible final seasons (though Elway and Manning won rings in their final season due to great defenses and running games).

THAT'S what makes this season, and this loss, difficult. Brees is all but DONE and when the defense or ST isn't screwing up, his reliable receivers are going to pieces. SO frustrating for me, and I can only imagine how frustrating it is for Brees.

Sorry, but Brees is not all but done and I'll bet you anything on that.

Sorry, but Brees is not all but done and I'll bet you anything on that.

Cool, you bet on Brees and I'll bet on Father Time and his undefeated record against QBs approaching 40.

Cool, you bet on Brees and I'll bet on Father Time and his undefeated record against QBs approaching 40.

What's the bet?

You said he's all but done. That means he's done after this year, right? That's the only logical way to take the statement.

You can't have so called team leadership that gets a personal foul penalty that walks the other team down the field. That's not smart and frankly it's losing. It crunch situations true player comes out...

The Saints had their luck in 2009. Now they will pay for that horrifically called NFC Championship game. Sorry guys, BUT SKOL

Until Brees shows ANY sign of decline you should just keep your mouth shut because saying things like this after brees played a very good game against a great defense (even after the tough start) it looks like you are not smart.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom