Welcome To New Orleans: Getting to Know Payton Turner (1 Viewer)

Yeah, I mean, it'd be good for somebody, anybody to get to know him since, like, nobody does. What a bizarre move to choose a round 37-rated player on day one. NFL Network didn't even have footage queued for him. They announced the pick and immediately moved to Green Bay to obscure the confusion we all immediately felt.

I definitely see the explosion Cam Jordan was talking about. The kid is a force versus the pass and the run for his size he is a freak athlete much like Dav. Knows when to get his hands up on the line and awesome wing span I am anxious to see him play !

Yeah, I mean, it'd be good for somebody, anybody to get to know him since, like, nobody does. What a bizarre move to choose a round 37-rated player on day one. NFL Network didn't even have footage queued for him. They announced the pick and immediately moved to Green Bay to obscure the confusion we all immediately felt.
Apparently Brian Baldinger somehow had tape:

Man I wouldn't be surprised to one day see Baldy in the Dome screaming Who Dat ! with us. Dude loves him some Saints football and I can't argue with that haha

You see that 7ft wing span translate to the gridiron when it looks like he over pursues Zach Wilson in that Baldy vid breakdown yet he is able to reach out and wrap him up

Nice B+ Rating from draftkings here

No. 28 New Orleans Saints: Payton Turner, DE, Houston​

Grade: B+

The Saints probably reached a bit here, but they got a massive human with potential to truly turn into a top defensive player in the league. He is still developing into his frame and skill set, but he’s going to get there. The Saints love their linemen and he’ll fit right in.

Last edited:
Obscurity is what the Saints love, cause the know no other team is going to draft any of the players they have rated in the 1st round. Maybe after 5 years, they can let him go since he didn’t pan out, like they’ll do with Davenport.

Selecting players so obscure so high in the draft, is something that usually does not pan out. Saints need help in numerous areas and there were higher rated players at their relative positions than this guy.

Good luck!

Obscurity is what the Saints love, cause the know no other team is going to draft any of the players they have rated in the 1st round. Maybe after 5 years, they can let him go since he didn’t pan out, like they’ll do with Davenport.

Selecting players so obscure so high in the draft, is something that usually does not pan out. Saints need help in numerous areas and there were higher rated players at their relative positions than this guy.

Good luck!

You saw the Saints board? Can you post it so we all are in the know like you?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom