Well, I agree with Trump on one point at least... (1 Viewer)

SAINTIN NEBR

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Leave it to the Huffington Post to conjure up another hit piece on Trump but if true then the man knows wth he's talking about.... Goodell is a stooge....

OP
4T L4ST

4T L4ST

All-Pro
Reaction score
and this interview was with 'fake news' New York Times! :no::hihi:

porculator

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
If Goodell is a dope (and he is,) what does that make the guy that bankrupted the USFL?

JackT.

was Jake from State Farm
Reaction score
while President Trump is correct, Trump also decided to take on the NFL knowing full well that the USFL would lose.

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Smh, not surprising, more fake news.
So you're saying that Trump didn't say these things? Seriously? You think the NYT is just making up random things about Trump and Goodell? Like that's some organic connection to draw...

It was only last year that he said he'd fire Goodell if he was an NFL owner.

All of this is just make believe?

Also, Kraft — great friend, great friend. George Steinbrenner — “big time winner” — was Trump’s best friend, he said, and now Kraft is right up there, too, as one of his favorite guys. Kraft had visited him a few days earlier, and Trump said he chastised the Patriots owner for not fighting harder against the league’s suspension of Brady, in addition to other sanctions levied by the N.F.L. against the Patriots (including the loss of a first-round draft pick and a record fine). “You know, Bob Kraft is also one of my best friends,” Trump told me. “I said, ‘Bob, you should have never made the deal.’”

“Bob said, ‘I had a wink from the commissioner,’” Trump added, meaning that Kraft seemed to think that by standing down and not fighting the N.F.L., the league would reduce Brady’s penalty on appeal.

Kraft was under pressure, Trump explained. “He choked, just like Romney choked. He said: ‘You know what? They winked at me.’ I said, ‘Bob when you make a deal, you should have gotten it all wrapped up.’ Who ever heard of making a deal like that? Now you got this mess.” Kraft should never have trusted Goodell, he said.

“The commissioner is a weak guy,” Trump said. “When he made the Ray Rice deal, everybody said: You’re stupid. You’re weak. And it was such a weak deal. So now he’s going overboard with their star, Brady.”

He added: “The commissioner is a dope. He’s a stupid guy.”

By far the best deal Kraft ever made was hiring Belichick, Trump said. Who, by the way, is also “a great, great friend” of Trump’s, even though everyone just assumes he’s “a really rough guy.”

“So I go to the Patriots game last year,” Trump said. “I’m on the sidelines with Kraft. He’s got Les Moonves right here. He’s got a lot of different people. And Belichick comes over in his Patriots sweatshirt and the hoodie and the whole thing. He hugs me, and he kisses me, and he said: ‘I love you. You’re the greatest.’” Trump sat at his cluttered desk and seemed almost dreamy at the memory, as if the reception from Belichick genuinely moved him. “He just feels warmly toward me, Belichick does,” Trump said. “Isn’t that the craziest thing?”

After the Deflategate ruling was handed down by the commissioner that spring, Trump said he tried to persuade Brady to sue the league personally. “I said, ‘Tom.’ — I gave him a lawyer. — I said: ‘Here’s what you do. Sue the N.F.L. for $500 million tomorrow. Sue ’em up in Boston, for everything. They’ll come to the table.’ He said, ‘Aw, man.’ He really was torn. He’s not Trump. He said, ‘I just want to win another Super Bowl.’” Trump told Brady that he understood.

St.Dan

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
If Goodell is a dope (and he is,) what does that make the guy that bankrupted the USFL?
Indeed. Trump wanted an NFL team for himself and bullied the other owners into the folly of doing a fall schedule in an attempt at an ABA/NBA type of merger. Kudos to Rozelle for keeping his own ego as the most important one in the room. Some egos are more acceptable than others.

superlaser

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Smh, not surprising, more fake news.
I'm genuinely curious; what standard do you use to determine if news is 'fake' or not? What makes a particular news item 'fake'?

Is it whether you like what is said? Is it solely based on your general opinion of the source? No sarcasm, I honestly want to understand where you're coming from. I'll probably still disagree with you, but I'd like to at least understand why we disagree specifically.

superchuck500

guarding the potatoes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Leave it to the Huffington Post to conjure up another hit piece on Trump but if true then the man knows wth he's talking about.... Goodell is a stooge....
Hit piece! Unless its true, then I agree with it!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom