Well, I jumped in... (1 Viewer)

AceTW

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I've never played fantasy football before but I decided this year to dabble around with it a little.

I had absolutely no idea what I was doing but I managed to get through the live draft with some pretty decent players. (Colston, Moore, Shockey, Bell of the Saints)

Worst part is I got stuck with the Eagles defense. I selected them at the wrong time (I was hoping the would be a backup DEF), then the next round came around and there wasn't much of anything left better than the Texans or the Bengals. So I by-passed and picked up another RB. *doh* I'm getting shredded on the defensive side this weekend......

I'm not sure yet if I have questions or anything, but be warned that I most probably will soon. :)

Defense and TE rarely matter that much. You're lucky to get 10-12 out of either and most do 4-5. Winning is all about having a stud QB and at least 3 studs in RB/WR each week. If you have that, you can beat most teams. A regular strong production for a stud is in the high teens to low twenties, and an average to good back/WR should get you at least 8-10 per week.

Well, so far today I've got 65 points, and you were right, the Eagles defense netted me 4. (BooYAH!) hehehe

So far, Colston and Aaron Rogers have blown up well, each over 20 points. Mike Bell even got 14 before he left the game. All I basically have left is Jason Witten in Dallas, and Chris Chambers in SD.

I think I have a little better understanding of how it works now, but I'll be a work in progress for a little while. I don't learn fast on these types of things. *shrug*

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom