Well... It got to me too (1 Viewer)

Sorry to hear about it, dude. My last company, a printing bus. that's been here for over a hundred years just announced that they're closing the doors. I was kinda hoping to go back after my disability issue got cleared up. I suppose I still could, except I'd be the only one there. Keep a stiff upper lip and all that rot. It actually helps, bro.
I'll make it through, ok. I'm actually looking at this whole situation as a blessing in disguise. I'll end up with a degree making loads more in the long the long run than I would have breaking my back with a GED in a field that has been getting increasingly volatile the past year or 2. Will be nice to get a job with a little security rather than knowing any day you could get ****canned at any moment for any reason. The employment opportunities are huge right now in the field I'm going to school for.

http://www.gis.com/ -- a little about the field

I'll make it through, ok. I'm actually looking at this whole situation as a blessing in disguise. I'll end up with a degree making loads more in the long the long run than I would have breaking my back with a GED in a field that has been getting increasingly volatile the past year or 2. Will be nice to get a job with a little security rather than knowing any day you could get ****canned at any moment for any reason. The employment opportunities are huge right now in the field I'm going to school for.

http://www.gis.com/ -- a little about the field

i guess it depends on the field you're in-- but don't go expecting it to be all 'puppydogs and ice cream' out here in the real world, Junior. :)

i guess it depends on the field you're in-- but don't go expecting it to be all 'puppydogs and ice cream' out here in the real world, Junior. :)
well considering I've been out in the "real world" since I was about 16, I think I'll be able to deal.:9:

If need be, I'll have a degree to make my resume look better, and I can always go back to my old field if things have picked up in the gulf. I'm not expecting anything miraculous. Just something with a tad bit more opportunity than having a GED and doing manual labor.

well about 3 weeks in and everything is going fine so far. Unfortunately I'm having to go job hunting today. The company I used to work for is fighting my unemployment and to appeal will take like 3 weeks. So back to waiting tables for me

Glad to hear school is going well so far. Why is your old company acting like such *****? Good luck on the job front, man!

I literally busted out laughing when I put your face on that pic dude.. hahahha

I've been meaning to tell you this, but didn't want you to feel weird.

You have nice cleavage bro. :9:

Update.
Have been working a paid internship since january and they gave me my own office about 2 weeks ago. Quit the restaurant job a week before the internship started. There is strong talk about them hiring me full time as soon as the internship is over. Things are looking good so far. Also rocking a 3.7 GPA.

Update.
Have been working a paid internship since january and they gave me my own office about 2 weeks ago. Quit the restaurant job a week before the internship started. There is strong talk about them hiring me full time as soon as the internship is over. Things are looking good so far. Also rocking a 3.7 GPA.

Great to hear. Hopefully something positive will result from you losing your job. Things always work out eventually. :9:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom