Well... It got to me too (1 Viewer)

well today WAS my last day off. I worked offshore on a 7 and 7 schedule. I feel like that scene in Friday. I got fired on my day off...
I'm sorry to hear about your misfortune. I hope you're able to find a better job in the long run.

I once got laid off on my birthday, so I feel your pain.

well today WAS my last day off. I worked offshore on a 7 and 7 schedule. I feel like that scene in Friday. I got fired on my day off...

Just watch out for Zeus, and you'll make it ok. Hope something works out for you...

That sucks mate, in same boat myself. I've worked about 6 weeks in last 6mths and it aint nice. My house has never looked so good though.

Last edited:
Mods, you can move this if you like, but I thought it would work well here.

Folks, those of you who are looking for work along the Gulf Coast and are in an industrial / technical, IT, information management or engineering career path should check out EPCO, Inc.

I was laid off last year and it got real tough for me too. I got lucky and was hired by EPCO in April. I must say that this is easily the best outfit I have ever worked for. I'm in safety, and for the first time I don't feel like I'm spinning my wheels. They are in active hiring mode right now due to some capital projects going on and the acquisition of TEPPCO.

You can check them out at www.epco.com.

Just looking out for fellow saints fans. :9:

I got laid off last year in July. I was able to find a filler part time job before I got my current job. There is nothing worse than being one of the most productive employees in a company and being laid off cause everyone else slacks off.

I think school would be your best bet though. Having to struggle now will pay off in the long run.

let this be a reminder to all of us who are less than jazzed to be at work on a Monday and complain about our jobs-- we are very fortunate in this economic climate to be employed... Not all of us here can say that, and even those of us who can might be singing a different tune in a month or six... Here's to hoping that we can all weather the storm through '09, and that 2010 will see improvement in the economy and employment in general.

well its decision time. Perfect excuse to go to school. But a company is hiring, doing the same thing as the old job... I really don't know yet, I have gotten used to the money. But, I'll make more in the long run going to school :idunno:

Yeah i think you're right.. A degree sure gives you leverage nowdays.. Tough one, my advice would be school.

let this be a reminder to all of us who are less than jazzed to be at work on a Monday and complain about our jobs-- we are very fortunate in this economic climate to be employed... Not all of us here can say that, and even those of us who can might be singing a different tune in a month or six... Here's to hoping that we can all weather the storm through '09, and that 2010 will see improvement in the economy and employment in general.

Amen bro.

Mods, you can move this if you like, but I thought it would work well here.

Folks, those of you who are looking for work along the Gulf Coast and are in an industrial / technical, IT, information management or engineering career path should check out EPCO, Inc.

I was laid off last year and it got real tough for me too. I got lucky and was hired by EPCO in April. I must say that this is easily the best outfit I have ever worked for. I'm in safety, and for the first time I don't feel like I'm spinning my wheels. They are in active hiring mode right now due to some capital projects going on and the acquisition of TEPPCO.

You can check them out at www.epco.com.

Just looking out for fellow saints fans. :9:

Thanks for the info man. I'm currently taking the NCCER CSST class to get safety technician certified. I'll be graduating at the end of October so I will definitely check into EPCO. :9:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom