Well now the stage is set (1 Viewer)

I just hope that LSU can beat Bama THIS year, because once Joe is gone it may be a while until we can find a QB who can play like he does. It's 'this year or bust' for our chance at the bright lights of another championship game for a while.
I remember when Tennessee couldn't get over the Florida hurdle with Peyton Manning. He leaves and next year Tee Martin not only beats UF, but the Vols won the MNC.

Sometimes timing is more important than anything...

I remember when Tennessee couldn't get over the Florida hurdle with Peyton Manning. He leaves and next year Tee Martin not only beats UF, but the Vols won the MNC.

Sometimes timing is more important than anything...
I do recognize that anything can happen, but LSU fans haven't seen a package like Joe Burrow in a very long time. We'd practically be breaking tradition to have two different great QBs in back to back years.
It does make me wonder how the Tigers are going to do when Burrow is slinging footballs in the NFL next year. :scratch:

Auburn in two weeks can certainly derail the stage......and it's not unthinkable for MSU to pull off an upset (although unlikely). That's the big difference between Alabama and LSU vs. Clemson, OU, tOSU…...you have to show up every week in the SEC. Some of these other programs have 2 games they have to really work for. It makes the SEC the hands down best conference in the country, but also makes it harder to go undefeated. The run Alabama has been on for like a decade is really impressive. To run the table almost every year in the SEC is just incredible.

IF LSU can take care of business, the match up in Tuscaloosa seems like a ratings bonanza for the network that carries the game.

Auburn in two weeks can certainly derail the stage......and it's not unthinkable for MSU to pull off an upset (although unlikely). That's the big difference between Alabama and LSU vs. Clemson, OU, tOSU…...you have to show up every week in the SEC. Some of these other programs have 2 games they have to really work for. It makes the SEC the hands down best conference in the country, but also makes it harder to go undefeated. The run Alabama has been on for like a decade is really impressive. To run the table almost every year in the SEC is just incredible.

IF LSU can take care of business, the match up in Tuscaloosa seems like a ratings bonanza for the network that carries the game.
To think that CBS chose the UGA/ND games to show at the 7PM slot over LSU/Bama...

To think that CBS chose the UGA/ND games to show at the 7PM slot over LSU/Bama...
Would Alabama ever allow a nighttime home game with LSU happen? I think Bama knows how much the Tigers would prefer to play them at night. I don't think the networks could offer the Tide enough money to move the matchup with LSU to 7:00pm. :scratch:

Would Alabama ever allow a nighttime home game with LSU happen? I think Bama knows how much the Tigers would prefer to play them at night. I don't think the networks could offer the Tide enough money to move the matchup with LSU to 7:00pm. :scratch:
It's not Bama's decision. That's the decision of CBS networks, the same geniuses who chose to play TAMA/Bama instead of LSU/UF.

It's not Bama's decision. That's the decision of CBS networks, the same geniuses who chose to play TAMA/Bama instead of LSU/UF.
I thought the home team was able to decide if they wanted to accept a broadcast or not. :scratch:

But yeah... any network that would pick TAMU/Bama over LSU/UF does have some loose screws at the headquarters. :loco:

I thought the home team was able to decide if they wanted to accept a broadcast or not. :scratch:

But yeah... any network that would pick TAMU/Bama over LSU/UF does have some loose screws at the headquarters. :loco:
Nope. CBS gets first choice, then ESPN. CBS gets to choose double-headers twice a year. After they choose their games, ESPN will choose the next two, then SEC Network, IIRC.

Traditionally, CBS picks Bama/LSU for one of the PM games, but passed this year. Most expect CBS to schedule the game at 1430, but the interwebs are full of rumors that ESPN is trying to negotiate the Bama/LSU game from them with the intention of hosting Gameday there and broadcasting the game that night.

CBS has Vandy/UF, Mizzou/UGA, UT/UK to choose from after Bama/LSU, so I'm not optimistic unless Mizzou starts really climbing the polls.

I would dance on the 50 yard line in my underwear at halftime if the LSU/Bama game could turn into a 7:00pm contest

This is when the Tigers really come out to play! :9:

I would dance on the 50 yard line in my underwear at halftime if the LSU/Bama game could turn into a 7:00pm contest

This is when the Tigers really come out to play! :9:
I feel I speak for everyone when I say that this is not a good deal for everyone else...

Night games favor the home team. I'm fine with the 2:30 in Tuscaloosa.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom