Well that sucked. (1 Viewer)

We were in there.

At 76-72 I said to myself, "this is the game right here."

Celts made it 78-72 and next thing you know its 88-74.

Tough game to watch. Almost everything the Celts threw up was in(60% or so FG) and we missed a lot of open jumpers and leaving 11 points at the FT line is not acceptable. Boston played very physical and the refs at points only seemed to see the guys in teal. I figured this was going to be tough...lets rest and regroup and get ready for Toronto on Sunday. This is where boune back happen!

Eh, we split the series with a team that has 3 future HOFers and will get 60 wins. Can't be too disappointed as long as it doesn't hangover vs Toronto.

Boston played very physical and the refs at points only seemed to see the guys in teal.

I can't decide which was a worse call this year: Bruce Bowen sending his knee into Chris' face and CP being called for the foul, or David West being dragged to the floor and being called for it. Wasn't a big fan of the refs tonight.

And what's the deal with PJ laying the wood on CP3? :shrug:

when you're playing from behind all the time, eventually you'll lose. Hornets need to learn how to jump to the lead and then hold it

I'm not one to ***** about the refs but they where pretty bad tonight. Right after Doc Rivers got T'd up everything started going Boston's way. After D-West got called for a foul because he was being pulled to the floor I just switched it an never went back knew they didn't have a prayer after that and I'd either throw the remote at the tv or teach the little ones all sorts of new words.

I'm not one to ***** about the refs but they where pretty bad tonight. Right after Doc Rivers got T'd up everything started going Boston's way. After D-West got called for a foul because he was being pulled to the floor I just switched it an never went back knew they didn't have a prayer after that and I'd either throw the remote at the tv or teach the little ones all sorts of new words.

:plus-un2: but with the smile upside down.

On a tough east coast road trip, team was tired. Nothing to worry about.

They lost to a great team. But I can't help think that it could have been avoided.

First of all, Morris Peterson is the most worthless player on the team. When he's on the court, we have four players playing.

Secondly, we're just not going to win close games consistently if Peja doesn't find his stroke again. He was 3-11 last night on 3's. Too many games like that recently.

CP called D-West the 17-foot assassin....and that's sweet. But last night that seems like that's all he did. 17 footers. With the exception of CP, no one felt the need to go hard right at them to the hoop. DX did not go to the free throw line last night. :shrug: But perhaps thank God he didn't.....the team shot 57% from the line.

Meanwhile, the C's were routinely getting to the rim, which either resulted in and-1 situations, or flat-out uncontested layups/dunks.

JuJu is digressing.

If we're fortunate enough to make it to the finals, I honestly don't think the Bees can take the C's in a seven game series.

eh, I'll just take a cold shower and forget about that one.

Last edited:
To be fair, though, the Celts are a good defensive team and Wright and West had to face KG often.

Plus the offense....that's what blew it in the end....as much as I dislike the Hornets announcers, when they say good D leads to good O, they are dead on. We couldn't get our offense going because Boston never missed.

I think we'd have a 50/50 shot at them in the postseason. They got us this game but they were hot and we were cold.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom