well that was uninspiring... (1 Viewer)

SAINTIN NEBR

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
turnovers, penalties, horrible o-line play, no running game.... all I can say is its a good thing its pre-season... 1st and goal at the 4.. stupid 5 yard penalty puts us in long down and distance..have to settle for a field goal from a kicker I don't feel confident in... special teams penalties giving up too many yards ..ugh... what happened to any semblance of a running game in the second half??? Positive... looked like we got decent pressure from our front four on defense in the second half.. ( I missed the first half)

The saints started Coleman, threw predominantly to him. Had Murphy in there a lot in the beginning also. Seems to me that Payton was using this game to see if a few on edge players had the stuff to stick or were going to get very warm seats or be shown the door. Neither of these two should feel very good tonight, while Lasco and Lewis should be feeling a little better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm very worried about our offensive line..Doesn't look as if we're going to have much of any run game this year. If the o-line can give Drew enough space to step up in the pocket half the time, we'll be ok. I'm not optimistic yet, though. Sad thing is, we have good running backs who would excel under a more talented o-line. Not this year.

Nick Fairley is a dominant force. He's going to be relied on heavy for the early part of the year so I hope he can stay healthy. Linebackers look decent enough and once we get Anthony back, I think we will be fairly good. Slightly worried about our corner depth. Breaux looks outstanding as usual but he'll need help from PJ/Swann and Crawley/Harris.

I'm still puzzled as to why we neglected the o-line in the draft this year. Armstead's return should help, but other than he and Unger, we don't look good at all in the trenches.

That should be a real confidence booster for the young guys... People love to say "its only preseason and it doesn't mean anything..." I say you get whipped like that and cast seeds of doubt into heads of the vets who lived through two losing season and rookies that have never won at this level. Payton said these games are important and for a young team they are critical to carry "winning" into the season when the L's and W's count for real.

Before the season started I thought I made a level-headed prediction of 8-8. Now I kind of feel like I was drinking the homer Kool-Aid.

Meh, saints fans also give up on their team incredibly early. I'll wait to see what the 53 does

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom