Well this is it! Final weekend! (1 Viewer)

Domefan504

SR is my life!
Reaction score
This is it for Trump and Clinton. The final countdown. Looks like Clinton has the upper edge leading polls in FL,PA,NC,NH,CO. Give your thoughts on the final weekend.

WhoDatPhan78

Definitely not part of the deep state.
Reaction score
It's too close for comfort.

It won't be over next week though.

I will never have respect for people I know who've supported Trump again.

RetroMcBananaFace

AKA: retrobanana
Reaction score
I will never have respect for people I know who've supported Trump again.
That's really unfair, I hope you reconsider this point of view. There are likely many people out there voting for Trump because they really believe he has some answers to their problems (unemployed coal and auto workers, for instance).

We should not discount these people out of hand. Doing that is why we have such division in this country in the first place.

Suavecito8

Hispanic causing panic
Reaction score
All I know is Trump is not going to win. It will be closer than I originally thought instead of a blowout it will be a comfortable win for Hillary.

Saint Jack

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
That's really unfair, I hope you reconsider this point of view. There are likely many people out there voting for Trump because they really believe he has some answers to their problems (unemployed coal and auto workers, for instance).

We should not discount these people out of hand. Doing that is why we have such division in this country in the first place.
I think it's more apt to say a vote for Trump is like a vote for George Wallace. Much like most people won't say they voted Wallace in the 60s, the same will go for Trump.

RetroMcBananaFace

Reaction score
You've just illustrated one of the major problems of the political right. Tolerance and acceptance of everyone is preached, except for those people that disagree with our ideals, then our tolerance and acceptance no longer apply.

This happens far too often. If you want to help change things, maybe start trying to understand why those other people feel the way they do. I can 100% guarantee you they aren't all who you think they are.

WhoDatPhan78

Definitely not part of the deep state.
Reaction score
You've just illustrated one of the major problems of the political right. Tolerance and acceptance of everyone is preached, except for those people that disagree with our ideals, then our tolerance and acceptance no longer apply.

This happens far too often. If you want to help change things, maybe start trying to understand why those other people feel the way they do. I can 100% guarantee you they aren't all who you think they are.

Most of them are my family.

They are ignorant people who only listen to what reinforces what they already believe.

I don't want to live in a country that allows everyone to vote anymore. The information age has led to an increase in misinformed people.

RetroMcBananaFace

Reaction score
Most of them are my family.
Same here. I get where you are coming from, I really do.

But for a minute, let's assume that not all Trump voters are the racist, mysogynist, backwards, willfully-ignorant lot that the broad-brush painting tells us.

This one's easy for me, because I live in coal and auto manufacturing country, and those people have come into some really hard times lately. Now, Trump has promised to bring back coal to the forefront, and he's talked about making sure manufacturing jobs stay in the US. Don't get me wrong, I don't believe him at all, but that's his line and his selling point to a lot of people. I can hardly blame people for voting for a candidate who promises to give them their world back. You and me might think they're suckers buying into a line of BS, and the odds are extremely high that we're right. But that doesn't make those people beneath us, either.

When the level of political discourse in this country ultimately comes down to, "If you don't believe in the same things I do, then I disrespect you and call you less of a human being than me," we prove ourselves unworthy and undeserving of the principles of democracy, never mind basic human kindness.

dtc

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

I have tried and continue to try, but it's difficult.

You're talking about reasonably intelligent and well-meaning people suspending all critical thought to support a maniac with a mental disorder and accepting as fact basically any sort of nonsense about Hillary and the democrats as if it's literal truth from above.

God-fearing Christians posting crazy links on FB talking about murders and gay child sex all while excusing anything on Trump as if it was all a made up conspiracy even disregarding direct statements he's made.

Hillary may be pond scum. Her husband is a creep.

Trump, however, is not a person I would consider anything more than a scam artist and thief.

RetroMcBananaFace

Reaction score
I have tried and continue to try, but it's difficult.

You're talking about reasonably intelligent and well-meaning people suspending all critical thought to support a maniac with a mental disorder and accepting as fact basically any sort of nonsense about Hillary and the democrats as if it's literal truth from above.

God-fearing Christians posting crazy links on FB talking about murders and gay child sex all while excusing anything on Trump as if it was all a made up conspiracy even disregarding direct statements he's made.
You're assuming most of these people are as "plugged in" as everyone else. Not all of them are. My wife's grandfather, for instance, a very good and decent man, is voting for Trump because he identifies with him as a businessman. He's 85 years old. He certainly doesn't read the internet, I doubt he knows what Facebook is, all he knows is, his town has been shrinking since the 90s because of job loss and Trump promises that he can bring prosperity back to his little corner of the world. I won't villify that man for voting his hopes and dreams.

Trump, however, is not a person I would consider anything more than a scam artist and thief.
Ditto.

Booker

All-Pro
Reaction score
My vote is already cast, so I hope to spend the weekend with enough activities and distractions that I don't think too much about next Tuesday.

staphory

Subscribing Member
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I don't understand supporting Trump based on the Christian faith. I will, however, pray for the country regardless who wins.
My Christian friends all will vote for Trump just because of abortion. Everything else be damned.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom