Saints Well... This is why Teddy Bridgewater was signed... (1 Viewer)

My big problem with Teddy yesterday was that he clearly held the ball way too long which resulted IMO on several of those holding penalties. He clearly was not prepared to go in and the remainder of the team also seemed to be totally deflated, with the exception of Cam, who just balled out as you would expect.

Look at the coverage when he was holding the ball... He had no one to throw to. He looked more than ready. The whole offense looked rough before Brees left, and they still looked rough after he left. It wasn't TB. The whole defense except for marshon balled out yesterday.

I figured Teddy would struggle, being thrown into a game like that with no 1st team reps. What bothered me was the total leadership vacuum that happened after Drew went out, nobody took charge and said, "Hey, follow me!!"

SP will tweak the offense for Teddy, I expect to see alot more RPO, hopefully, it will be better than what we saw Sunday.

TD, the $22 million back up.....No excuses will be accepted, he was rusty, my butt, you are paid to perform, if you are not ready to step in and produce, you will be a gone pecan! Why all of the excuses for TB? He just isn't who we thought he was, he is tentative, misses easy out throws with open receivers, overthrows, under throws..WTF!
Why do we see other back ups run in and drive their teams to TD's , because they are ready, willing "and" able.....TB will have a tough time getting this team over the goal line....its all on the defense to win games! Nuff Said!

Ultimately, this is the reason we signed him. This is a team game with all 3 phases needing to execute. Offence, Defence and Special Teams all have to come together. We have leadership across the board and in my opinion this is Cam Jordan’s team to lead until Brees gets back. It’s going to have to come from defence to keep it tight. Dennis Allen will have to show what he’s made of or be exposed. We cannot play defence, especially pass coverage like we have this season and have a reasonable expectation to win

Didn't we bring in TB because we weren't supposed to have to change the offense or game plan from what we run with Drew? Isn't that why he's one of, if not, the highest paid backups in the league?
A lot of people insisted that Bridgewater was plug-and-play ready for the Saints offense and that Payton would have to tailor the offense for Hill.

Now a lot of those same people are insisting that the reason Bridgewater looked bad is because the offense wasn't tailored for him.

Apparently, a lot of people don't know what plug-and-play means.

I wouldn’t be shocked if Brees comes back after the bye and re-energizes the whole team to go on an 8-0 run to end the season. Our schedule is very soft after the by and 5 of the 8 games are divisional.

We just need Teddy to at least win two while running the show.

This is BS TB's demeanor and Energy were great His leadership was what was called for. He showed a little rust but this was clearly not on him

These guys got their lunch ate, Bridge water was getting the ball out quick when there was separation, He was holding the ball because the Rams D out muscled everyone on the O Line , RB's and WR's they clearly wanted it more than the Saints

Maybe this is why you are bashing TB why don't you just come out
You actually watched the same game that I saw. I don't know which game some of the "Bridgewater Bashers" was looking at.

The Brees injury sucks out loud, but it is what it is... The Saints brought Teddy Bridgewater back as insurance in case something exactly like this happened!
If Teddy ever wants to be a starter in the NFL again, he MUST take advantage of this opportunity. He doesn’t have to set the world on fire, he just needs to go 3-3 over the next 6 games... .500.
The Saints still have an elite RB, elite WR, high-end TE, and one of the better O-lines in the league. The defense is also top half of the league in my opinion.

This will also test CSP’s ability to coach this team thru adversity. Get Teddy prepared, get the guys back in line, and go .500 or better to the BYE week.
We have only one elite WR and he's not even a speed guy.

The Brees injury sucks out loud, but it is what it is... The Saints brought Teddy Bridgewater back as insurance in case something exactly like this happened!
If Teddy ever wants to be a starter in the NFL again, he MUST take advantage of this opportunity. He doesn’t have to set the world on fire, he just needs to go 3-3 over the next 6 games... .500.
The Saints still have an elite RB, elite WR, high-end TE, and one of the better O-lines in the league. The defense is also top half of the league in my opinion.

This will also test CSP’s ability to coach this team thru adversity. Get Teddy prepared, get the guys back in line, and go .500 or better to the BYE week.
3-3 over next 6 games, is not going to cut it for a Saints team that has amassed the most and best talent under the Payton era. Saints go 3-3 next 6 games under Teddy and his performances are very pedestrian, he will not be the next Saints permanent QB.

some of you guys act like DB9 is easy to replace.

I mean how many TB passes bounced off of our WR and TE hands? Those were drive killers and so were the offensive penalties. I'm not saying he was great but he was far from awful.

IMO, even Tom Brady wouldn't "plug and play" replace Brees. it just isn't possible.

In 2 or 3 weeks if we are still having this conversation then OK.

Losing your best player for 6 weeks, who is a first ballot hall of famer and the de facto screwdriver which makes the whole screw turn is pretty hard to deal with, as it turns out. DB9 basically is our offense.

Last edited:
3-3 over next 6 games, is not going to cut it for a Saints team that has amassed the most and best talent under the Payton era. Saints go 3-3 next 6 games under Teddy and his performances are very pedestrian, he will not be the next Saints permanent QB.

Oh no, this is not about TB being the heir-apparent to Brees. This is about saving this season and keeping a playoff shot alive. I don’t believe (nor have I ever believed) that TB can or should be the Saints long-term answer as the Saints starting QB.
I meant if TB ever wants to be a starter in the NFL again... like for Cincy or Miami or something

Oh no, this is not about TB being the heir-apparent to Brees. This is about saving this season and keeping a playoff shot alive. I don’t believe (nor have I ever believed) that TB can or should be the Saints long-term answer as the Saints starting QB.
I meant if TB ever wants to be a starter in the NFL again... like for Cincy or Miami or something

Agreed. He was brought here exactly for that purpose. The next 6 weeks are his audition tape for the rest of the NFL.

3-3 may be enough to salvage the season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom