Well, we’ve finally got an “average” NFL defense... (1 Viewer)

metalreb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
That’s what we’ve all said we wanted right? Just a middle of the pack defense and we can win...I’ve said that so many times myself...well let me tell you something; the way this defense is trending, don’t be surprised if they are hanging around the top 10 in total defense by the end of the season...we’re ranked 16th right now in total D, and that is incredible considering where we were just a few short weeks ago...I’ve got mad respect for Dennis Allen and the job he’s done to get this defense going...if they continue to improve, we won’t have very many close games from here on out...

That’s what we’ve all said we wanted right? Just a middle of the pack defense and we can win...I’ve said that so many times myself...well let me tell you something; the way this defense is trending, don’t be surprised if they are hanging around the top 10 in total defense by the end of the season...we’re ranked 16th right now in total D, and that is incredible considering where we were just a few short weeks ago...I’ve got mad respect for Dennis Allen and the job he’s done to get this defense going...if they continue to improve, we won’t have very many close games from here on out...

Yes. I'm excited about seeing if the Saints D can hold the Falcons to 23 points or less. The Falcons O is #8 or #9 in ppg if I remember correctly. Keeping them to 23 or less would be further validation of improvement. Maybe also get a turnover or 2. Did I actually just type that I was excited to see the Saints D?! Lol

Also, the Falcons O Line has given up 27 sacks and 68 QB hits. That 2.7 sacks and 6.8 hits per game. I'd like to ses our D get over 3 sacks and 8 or more QB hits on Ryan.

I think this defense now is a little better than "adequate."

They are up to number 16 (yardage-wise) in the NFL for the season, which is just in the top half of the league. The defense continues to get better against the pass. They have been good against the run all season, and are currently number 2 in the league, only because they gave up 58 yards rushing against the Eagles, while the Bears only gave up 22 yards against the Vikings, vaulting Chicago slightly above the Saints. The Saints' pass defense gave up a net 138 yards against Carson Wentz.

It's about time..whew..Fielding an "average" D was as difficult and complex as actually threatening for the title, who would have thought? Amazing that not attaining an average D all this time was all that stood between mediocrity and possible dynasty

I listen to NFL channel on SiriusXm during work everyday. Pat Kirwin talks about how good defenses nowadays are the ones that can keep a team under 24 points. The saints have played 10 games so far and our defense has stopped all but 3 teams from scoring more than 24 on us. Keep that in mind. Our defense is more than serviceable at this point. I think we just need to continue to get better and continue causing a few more turnovers.

I believe this D is better than average. The stats may be closer to average. It’s going to take the rest of the season to dig out of the statistical hole that they got themselves into at the beginning of the season.

Just keep stopping the run, it allows our DBs to play more freely.

At least we won't have to worry about teams running it on us all the time, we can hard focus on the pass.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom