Well, we have a new Batman (1 Viewer)

Grandadmiral

Infinite Power is da ****
Reaction score
Sticky Post
I'm withholding judgement. Everybody freaked out about Keaton, Bale, and Affleck when they were announced and they did decent jobs. This has me the most concerned considering the filmography, but I'll give him a chance like I did the others.

Dude has to gain some muscle though...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Grandadmiral

Grandadmiral

Reaction score
If it's good the billion dollars they make will say yes.

If it's not good the 600-700 million they make will also say yes.
This...

Also, I'm on board with Kravitz with the role. At one point they were eyeing Logan Browning :hearts:, but I'm good with either.

Last edited:

Sun Wukong

The Richest Duck in the World
Reaction score
Anyway, rumor on this at the moment is that it may be based (perhaps more "influenced by") on The Long Halloween, with Batman working to solve an over arching mystery and most of his rogue's gallery popping up in smaller/supporting roles along the way.

I love The Long Halloween, so I'm hoping this is true. At the very least I'm hyped about seeing Batman solving mysteries on the big screen. We've never really gotten a look at the "World's greatest detective" aspect in movies before.

OP
OP
Grandadmiral

Grandadmiral

Reaction score
Anyway, rumor on this at the moment is that it may be based (perhaps more "influenced by") on The Long Halloween, with Batman working to solve an over arching mystery and most of his rogue's gallery popping up in smaller/supporting roles along the way.

I love The Long Halloween, so I'm hoping this is true. At the very least I'm hyped about seeing Batman solving mysteries on the big screen. We've never really gotten a look at the "World's greatest detective" aspect in movies before.
I feel you. Granted, Nolan stole some of The Long Halloween as well, but rumors have it that this will be heavy considering there's a good bit of Batman's rogues gallery involved. As long as this fool doesn't make an appearance (I know he's not), I'm good.

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This is starting to look like way too many characters
==========================

UPDATED: Andy Serkis is in talks to play Alfred Pennyworth, Bruce Wayne’s trustworthy butler, in Matt Reeves’ “The Batman,” sources tell Variety, while Colin Farrell is being eyed to play the famous Batman villain the Penguin............

Sun Wukong

Reaction score
This is starting to look like way too many characters
==========================

UPDATED: Andy Serkis is in talks to play Alfred Pennyworth, Bruce Wayne’s trustworthy butler, in Matt Reeves’ “The Batman,” sources tell Variety, while Colin Farrell is being eyed to play the famous Batman villain the Penguin............

Nah, if it's inspired by The Long Halloween like people are saying the number of characters will make sense.

BigSlick

Unit 3000-21 is warming.
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Man, I'm digging all the casting announcements. Bosslogic did a piece with Matthew McConaughy (sp?) as Two Face. I wonder if he's heard something?

OP
OP
Grandadmiral

Grandadmiral

Reaction score
Nah, if it's inspired by The Long Halloween like people are saying the number of characters will make sense.
This...

Now I see there are stories of Matthew McConaughey will play Harvey Dent. Very interesting indeed.

bonnjer

Let the Wins Count begin!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Little bits and pieces, but some big names.

Sun Wukong

Reaction score
The only thing that really gets me is you've got Batman's rogues gallery...a collection of freaks, monsters, weirdos, etc. for the ages. And you're trying to bring in Andy Serkis, the character actor/mocap king who has given us some of memorable freaks, monsters, and weirdos...to play Alfred.

Don't get me wrong. Serkis is a legitimately talented actor and would do great as anything.

But...as Alfred? Did not see that coming.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom